Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just watched 15 - Awesome!  (Read 8068 times)

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Just watched 15 - Awesome!
« on: October 12, 2006, 11:39:00 am »

Just wanted to say - two thumbs way up!  This was definitely the best yet, and I really enjoyed the trip section!  It looks like you guys had a ton of fun and it shows in your photos and enthusiasm for sure.  I'm still amazed at some of the shots that you guys picked up on, viewing the video, then seeing how you 'saw' some of the shots to produce.  Great camera work and editing too, by far the best yet!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:02:22 pm by kaelaria »

VictorL

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:13:08 pm »

Agreed. Excellent work - as always!

However, I did have a minor issue: for some reason, the DVD didn't play/wasn't recognized as a validly formatted DVD on my new 17" MacBook Pro ... but it plays just fine on Windows (grr) and on my stand-alone DVD player. Hmm. Strange.

francois

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 12:58:07 pm »

However, I did have a minor issue: for some reason, the DVD didn't play/wasn't recognized as a validly formatted DVD on my new 17" MacBook Pro ... but it plays just fine on Windows (grr) and on my stand-alone DVD player. Hmm. Strange.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80104\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well, it does play fine on my dual G5!

BTW, issue #15 is absolutely fantastic...well worth the wait.
Francois

mguertin

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 02:35:05 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80104\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you played any DVD's in it yet aside from this one?  I seem to remember that on first run of DVD player on new hardware you need to select a region for the DVD player to work proplerly (it writes to the hard drive), and there was an OSX bug for a long while where if you weren't an admin user it just spit the disc back out at you as unrecognized until this was done

Mark

sgwrx

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 08:47:05 pm »

just watched two inverviews, agreed it's awesome.  this is only my second issue and i have to say michael does a great job keeping the "newbie" in mind. i find myself taking little notes - research "this" or research "that".

JMCP

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 10:40:37 am »

Hi,

just like to say that I thought the Bangladesh visit was fantastic viewing and very well produced, well done.

I also really enjoyed the interviews although, I did think the camera work in the first interview was a little distracting as it was pretty shaky/wobbly, not sure why this would be the case as it was surely done using a tripod ?

Cheers

Basil

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 11:21:01 am »

Just wanted to say - two thumbs way up!  This was definitely the best yet, and I really enjoyed the trip section!  It looks like you guys had a ton of fun and it shows in your photos and enthusiasm for sure.  I'm still amazed at some of the shots that you guys picked up on, viewing the video, then seeing how you 'saw' some of the shots to produce.  Great camera work and editing too, by far the best yet!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80100\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 11:23:31 am »

not sure why this would be the case as it was surely done using a tripod ?
Cheers
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81614\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It was all necessarily handheld - thus the wobbles when I get cramped up  

CS

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 08:43:49 pm »

It was all necessarily handheld - thus the wobbles when I get cramped up  

CS
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82366\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I thought the footage remarkably good given much of it was clearly shot on a boat in cramped tight quarters.

I also found it overall one of the most fascinating pieces of documentary work I have seen in quite some time - a truly remarkable place that time seems to have forgotten.

The calibre of the material just keeps getting better - keep up the great work.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up