Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A gifted presence  (Read 595 times)

Andres Bonilla

A gifted presence
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:51 am »

As I walked in Trastevere  Rome , I observed many people but this gentleman struck me with his confidence, he was selling a few items on the street but all the other vendors showed a lot of deference towards him. I wondered who he was, I still don"t know.

Rob C

Re: A gifted presence
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:47:31 pm »

As I walked in Trastevere  Rome , I observed many people but this gentleman struck me with his confidence, he was selling a few items on the street but all the other vendors showed a lot of deference towards him. I wondered who he was, I still don"t know.

Another lovely image; maybe the deference indicates a power structure - the new Mafia? With so many new international bodies in Italy, who really knows where the balance of power is shifting. After all, there are only so many Sicilians and Neapolitans left to look after business... Russian? Stranger things have happened on this Earth.

Rob

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:01:17 pm »

Edit not done to offend but only to make a suggestion...

...that perhaps his strength is more pronounced by straightening the horizontal line behind him and making him a big larger in the frame.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:14:39 pm »

Another lovely image; maybe the deference indicates a power structure - the new Mafia? With so many new international bodies in Italy, who really knows where the balance of power is shifting. After all, there are only so many Sicilians and Neapolitans left to look after business... Russian? Stranger things have happened on this Earth.

Rob
Thanks! I do not know,  this gentleman and the ones surrounding him looked of modest means, my guess was that he had some type of spiritual strength, more of a moral compass to the immigrants around him.

Andres Bonilla

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 12:17:29 pm »

Edit not done to offend but only to make a suggestion...

...that perhaps his strength is more pronounced by straightening the horizontal line behind him and making him a big larger in the frame.
Thank you! I was so concentrated in his persona and really did not notice the slight rotation, it looks good with the horizontal line straightened.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 12:19:11 pm »

I really like the processing in this figure study.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 12:23:50 pm »

It's a fine informal portrait. You caught character, Andres. That's not always easy.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up