Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED! .. Help Please : Phase One XF & manual Schneider PC/TS Apo Digitar 120  (Read 816 times)

Balafre

Greetings Luminous Ones !

I have a P1 XF w/IQ3-100 and just acquired the current Blue Ring Schneider PC/TS Apo Digital 120 f5.6.
Mounted lens, and the flashing red aperture icon on the XF indicates it refuses to acknowledge there's a lens attached. In this incantation it's nothing more than sexy looking paperweight.
I mounted all my four other lenses, and it had no problem with business as usual.
Then re-mounted the PC/TS but the same problem recurs, the flashing red icon.

Is there perchance a hidden menu setting the manual does not mention, or that I've failed to decrypt or even notice?
It'll be stored in dry box overnight in case some moisture crept into it during transit, as this might be the cause.

I thank you all in advance for reading this, and for any insight you can give.

Gratefully,

Charles

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:17:38 am by Balafre »

Altdo

• Drew Altdoerffer Photography
Re: Help Please : Phase One XF & manual Schneider PC/TS Apo Digitar 120
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 05:29:01 am »

Hello Charles,
Simply tell the XF you're using a Manual Lens.

Menu>Capture Setup>Manual Lens: ON

This is necessary when using all non-integrated lenses and lens adaptors.

Balafre

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 06:17:01 am »

You're very kind - I found the setting and LO! Any idea why Phase made such a distinction to its operation? Does it perhaps conserve battery power by shutting down unnecessary functions?

Thank You. I have it on the stand as I write and am enjoying it.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 08:13:39 am »

You're very kind - I found the setting and LO! Any idea why Phase made such a distinction to its operation? Does it perhaps conserve battery power by shutting down unnecessary functions?

Thank You. I have it on the stand as I write and am enjoying it.

If no electronic Aperture Control is detected (eg the lens isn’t fully mounted or the communication pins are dirty or the lens is defective) the error prevents you from continuing to shoot so that you don’t end up with a bunch of wide-open shots that you thought were correctly stopped down.

If you tap the flashing red icon the camera will list all system components to help clarify which component is in error.

Balafre

Thanks Doug; just for the record, I did tap the icon but got nothing apart from the echo of the sound made by my finger colliding with the screen.
Do you have any idea of the rationale underpinning the XF's specific 'Manual Lens On/Off' setting? Does it immediately default to Focal Plane Shutter?
Pages: [1]   Go Up