Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why the hell  (Read 1767 times)

dseelig

Why the hell
« on: July 02, 2018, 02:18:15 pm »

did adobe throw the dehaze right below the clarity totally screwed up my work clarity vibrance then saturation then dehaze, do not throw new functions in the middle of an established workflow. I got bought lightrroom for a year just getting use to it ...

[EDIT: unnecessary expletives deleted, a la Nixon]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:31:49 pm by Jeremy Roussak »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Why the hell
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 03:10:06 pm »

If you must obsess over such trivia, do you think you could do so with better grammar and no expletives? Or are you trolling the Forum?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 03:31:03 pm »

This post is a preposterous overreaction to a minor change which many would in any event regard as an improvement. Take a holiday.

Jeremy

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:58:05 pm »

This post is a preposterous overreaction to a minor change which many would in any event regard as an improvement. .......
Jeremy

Exactly - Dehaze is so useful for a number of purposes other than "dehazing" that it deserves to be part of the general editing group right up-front. Glad they made that change. It's the kind of thing that takes a few seconds to adapt to  :-)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 04:38:10 pm »

did adobe throw the dehaze right below the clarity

According to the April, 2018, desktop Lightroom (i.e., "Classic") release notes, "the Dehaze slider has been moved to the Basic panel, so that you can use this slider in tandem with the Clarity slider."  That made sense to me, since I sometimes found I needed to adjust the Clarity setting after applying some value of Dehaze.

Both controls need to be employed judiciously, in my experience, to avoid making an image appear overcooked.  I also typically find them more useful when applied locally rather than as global adjustments.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 04:38:37 pm »

Come on guys, have some sympathy for the OCD guys who apparently have to execute sliders in the exact order in which they are positioned, even if that does not have much, if any, practical relevance.  ;)

leuallen

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 07:38:42 pm »

I am glad it is where it is. I find it very useful in processing infrared images. Things like grass, crop fields, pastures, etc are generally very flat. Dehaze adds much needed contrast.

Larry

KeithR

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 09:36:49 pm »

Kind of reminds me of when they decide to move items in the grocery store and I have to hunt for them because they were not in the usual spot I had been accustomed to finding them. But just as in LR,  you still have to go through the check out before you leave.  ;D
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 09:47:48 pm »

Nope - with LR you go through the check-out in order to stay in! :-)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 11:37:27 pm »

Come on guys, have some sympathy for the OCD guys who apparently have to execute sliders in the exact order in which they are positioned, even if that does not have much, if any, practical relevance.  ;)

It makes absolutely no difference in which order you execute sliders in LR. Having said that, it would be nice if you could customise the panels and controls as in other applications like in C1

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 01:09:24 am »

[Why the hell] did adobe throw the dehaze right below the clarity...

Adobe moved Dehaze because a large number of users asked for the move...also note that since Dehaze adjustments require subsequent adjustments to tone and color, it far more convenient have Dehaze in the Basic panel...which is why people asked for the change. Jeeesh, people ask for and get something they wanted and sone recent users goes gaga...

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 03:05:03 am »

Jeeesh, people ask for and get something they wanted and sone recent users goes gaga...

You will never make everybody happy with a preconfigured option. That is why the customizable approach is better.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 03:39:09 am »

As so often, there's an xkcd for this.

I must confess that I had intended to lock this futile thread yesterday, so I shall do it now.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up