Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One P45 going cheap  (Read 4279 times)

Graham Mitchell

Phase One P45 going cheap
« on: October 11, 2006, 04:50:35 pm »

I was contacted by a Phase One dealer yesterday. He offered me a 6 month old P45 in Hass V fit for £12,500 (plus tax if applicable). The case and all accessories will be new, and there is 2.5 years warranty left.

Could be a great deal for someone here? Wish I could afford it but I can't.

PM me if you would like contact details.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 06:30:35 pm »

with the + backs coming out, there will be more "regular" phase backs available for cheaper prices soon...i have a feeling that the packages with the Hy6 from all the different manufacturers will put a little pressure on as well....does not mean we will see a p25 in canon territory anytime soon, but....
the "second" rollei bundle, 6008af with emotion22 was 24,000$, since sinar is not the official distributer of rollei, that kit will be a good deal to the few who can get it....a full frame rotateable back....only drawback is the 200asa max, but for some that might not be a problem at all...

khwanaon

• http://
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:33:23 am »

with the + backs coming out, there will be more "regular" phase backs available for cheaper prices soon...i have a feeling that the packages with the Hy6 from all the different manufacturers will put a little pressure on as well....does not mean we will see a p25 in canon territory anytime soon, but....
the "second" rollei bundle, 6008af with emotion22 was 24,000$, since sinar is not the official distributer of rollei, that kit will be a good deal to the few who can get it....a full frame rotateable back....only drawback is the 200asa max, but for some that might not be a problem at all...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

for your information:

- Sinar is distributing Rollei products officially and this exclusively and worldwide, since October 01st 2006. This does not include the newly launched Hy6, or AFi, or Rollei xyz, or whatever it will be called eventually!

- teh emotion 22 has an official ISO setting going from 25 to 200: you are right. BUT: comapre a ISO 200 with the e22 and the same setting of 200 with a Laef Aptus or a P25. Just do this comparison, and you will notice that there is a 1 stop difference: means 200 ISO with e22 = 400 ISO with P25 and with Aptus 22.
The same applies when comapring the eMotion 75 (33 MPx) compared with the Aptus 75.

Aon

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 12:47:43 pm »

for your information:

- Sinar is distributing Rollei products officially and this exclusively and worldwide, since October 01st 2006. This does not include the newly launched Hy6, or AFi, or Rollei xyz, or whatever it will be called eventually!

- teh emotion 22 has an official ISO setting going from 25 to 200: you are right. BUT: comapre a ISO 200 with the e22 and the same setting of 200 with a Laef Aptus or a P25. Just do this comparison, and you will notice that there is a 1 stop difference: means 200 ISO with e22 = 400 ISO with P25 and with Aptus 22.
The same applies when comapring the eMotion 75 (33 MPx) compared with the Aptus 75.

Aon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=80080\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sorry about the typo...that was supposed to be "....sinar is NOW (instead of not)..."

Boghb

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:52:30 pm »

The glut of V mount P45s could be due to owners switching to the H mount.  I am a case on point.

In my experience the CF lenses were not good enough for the 39 mp backs.  Lens cast and color fringing became a big problem as I switched from the P25 to the P45.  Venerable Zeiss lenses such as the 250 SA produced a shocking amount of lens cast.

Also, I realized that manual focus was too slow and inaccurate with the hi res backs.  Hyperfocal did not work so well because the focus indices were inaccurate, and manual focus with longer lenses produced too many missed shots.

This could be why Hasselblad only made a 16mp dedicated back for the V system.

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 02:25:05 pm »

actually I thought retrofocus lenses were pretty free of LCC as reported by others, and I havent seen any in the CF lenses.

Also, I tried the 180mm hasselblad on both P25 and P45 and there was significant increase in detail and depth from the P45 crops, and they were very sharp.

Victor
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 02:28:11 pm by vgogolak »
Pages: [1]   Go Up