Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WABC DJ Dan Ingram dies  (Read 433 times)

mbaginy

WABC DJ Dan Ingram dies
« on: June 29, 2018, 05:25:29 am »

Dan Ingram has died at age 83: link

I remember listening to Dan Ingram, my favorite DJ on WABC New York in the 60, when I lived in northern New Jersey.  I loved that radio station and still hear many of their jingles in my mind (downloaded some too - pleasant memories).

I don't know how many forum frequenters listened to that station or remember Dan, but I can't forget.  Those were great times!

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Re: WABC DJ Dan Ingram dies
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 05:38:42 am »

Dan Ingram has died at age 83: link

I remember listening to Dan Ingram, my favorite DJ on WABC New York in the 60, when I lived in northern New Jersey.  I loved that radio station and still hear many of their jingles in my mind (downloaded some too - pleasant memories).

I don't know how many forum frequenters listened to that station or remember Dan, but I can't forget.  Those were great times!

I too grew up in the land of WABC AM radio. Daily I listened to Ingram show. He was a huge part of the soundtrack of my youth.

Peter

Kevin Gallagher

Re: WABC DJ Dan Ingram dies
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 12:08:39 pm »

Ahh Man, looks like Cousin Brucie is one of the few left. I also remember Jack Spector from WMCA, the bottom of the dial at 570 or so. It seems to me that someone from that era left one station a bit under a cloud for playing Happy Birthday on the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing but I just can't bring it to mind. Oh well.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up