Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Article with Video - A Talk About Photography With Andy Katz  (Read 1773 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com

Today Kevin has published a new article with video, A Talk About Photography With Andy Katz

adias

Re: New Article with Video - A Talk About Photography With Andy Katz
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 01:31:42 pm »

Sorry but this is once again a Sony mirror-less advertorial. There is no escape.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 02:46:30 pm »

Andy is a terrific photographer and super nice guy.
Prior to Sony, he shot Canon (I purchased some of his lens), so no, it's not a Sony advertorial.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

adias

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:13:29 pm »

Andy is a terrific photographer and super nice guy.
Prior to Sony, he shot Canon (I purchased some of his lens), so no, it's not a Sony advertorial.

Andy is a great photographer, but the video still is a Sony mirror-less advertorial. No escape.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 04:20:17 pm »

Really, Sony provided a venue that allowed me to talk to these guys.  Get past the Sony stuff and hear what they are saying.  When Canon and Nikon invite me to events like Sony has and I speak to their users then you can call it an advertorial there too.  Take a look at the websites from these folks that I spoke with.  Their work is exceptional.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

adias

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 01:33:21 am »

Really, Sony provided a venue that allowed me to talk to these guys.  Get past the Sony stuff and hear what they are saying.  When Canon and Nikon invite me to events like Sony has and I speak to their users then you can call it an advertorial there too.  Take a look at the websites from these folks that I spoke with.  Their work is exceptional.

I do not want to continue this but since you replied... I would not have said anything if in the interview you had simply identified the venue (one sentence) and had not spent time lauding Sony and its mirror-less wonder. I am not the only Forum Member noticing this, as many others pointed exactly the same in posts on similar interviews/articles.

I agree with you that ultimately it is about the Print and the art of photography. Equipment is irrelevant. That is what was so good with Charles Cramer's video series.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 03:11:11 am »

Get past the Sony stuff and hear what they are saying.

Damn it Kevin...you didn't even talk about Sony cameras till the 12:08 minute mark and by my count you barely spent 4 minutes talking about Sony and most of that was pretty generic to the most recent digital cameras...you and Andy did gush on and on about your 100-400 (and I saw some of the stuff you shot with that lens in Chicago).

Heck, from the build up I was expecting a 21 minute Sony commercial. Boy do I feel let down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up