Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best ICC profile to download for Epson Hot Press Bright on a Canon IPF 2000?  (Read 4728 times)

uintaangler

I have a couple of rolls of Epson Hot Press Bright ( Matte ) paper that I want to use on my new canon IPF 2000
What do you recommend I use for an ICC profile - one I can download online?
Thanks.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com

That paper is smooth, bright matte finish, so it's possible that Canon's profile for its Fine Art Smooth paper and that printer may work. Also worth trying Hahnemuhle's profile for Photo Rag 308/Canon Pro 2000. Both are free downloads from company websites. This is one where you will need to do some experimenting with several "nearest neighbour" profiles, otherwise have a custom profile made.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

howardm

from the Spectrumviz program, it seems like PhotoRag308 'Bright White' is very close.

YMMV. 

It may be worth a custom profile if you have that much of the HPB.

MarkFarber

• Mark Farber

I second the motion for a custom ICC.  When I shifted from Epson3880 to Canon1000, I had www.digitaldog.com do a profile of Hot Press Bright for $100 with somewhat-better-than-Epson results.  HPB is my favorite matte paper: slightly better than Canon FAS (which, as Mark points out above, is very close) and as good but cheaper than Hahnemuhle PhotoRag Ultrasmooth.  So if you like the paper, you can still use it long-term.

uintaangler

Hi Mark,
Please check your digital dog link
Thanks,
Bob

MarkFarber

• Mark Farber

My bad:  it's .net.  More specifically:
http://digitaldog.net/services.html

uintaangler

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up