Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you do a hardware LUT calibration?  (Read 1221 times)

The View

How do you do a hardware LUT calibration?
« on: June 16, 2018, 08:40:03 pm »

I have not been able to find out how to do a hardware LUT calibration on my NEC 271W.

I always just created .icc profiles.

Has anybody done a LUT calibration on his monitor?

PS: Spectraview II cannot do hardware LUT calibrations, only Basiccolor Display Pro 5 can
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:06:27 pm by The View »
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Osprey

Re: How do you do a hardware LUT calibration?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 10:29:10 pm »

I believe that's how Spectraview II calibrates on all supported monitors.

"High bit depth internal Look Up Tables (LUTs)

Each LCD display monitor supported by SpectraViewII features three internal 14, 12 or 10 bit LUTs (depending on model). These tables allow very precise adjustments to be made to the display's Tone Response Curve without reducing the number of displayable colors.

Fully automated calibration

By making adjustments directly in the display hardware, optimal settings are configured without any user interaction. SpectraViewII communicates with the display monitors using Display Data Channel - Command Interface (DDC/CI) which is a two-way communications link between the video graphics adapter and display monitor using the normal video signal cable. No extra cables are necessary.

Monitor Profiling

After calibration, the display is automatically profiled and highly accurate ICC/ColorSync color profiles are generated and automatically registered with the Color Management System. These profiles use the Bradford Chromaticity Adaptation matrix."

My EA2444 UHD monitor is a fully automatic calibration. 

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: How do you do a hardware LUT calibration?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 11:20:05 pm »

SpectraView (at least the US product) doesn't build nor need LUT profiles for the user. All the heavy lifting takes place inside the panel. As Osprey states (High bit internal LUTs). It saves off matrix profiles for use with ICC aware applications, that's all that's necessarily.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up