Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adjustments while tethering Lightroom  (Read 923 times)

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
adjustments while tethering Lightroom
« on: June 16, 2018, 01:47:46 pm »

Hi,
I'm a longtime C1pro user. I'm demoing the GFX so, doing a crash course in Lightroom (which I never use) for tether sessions. I'm not seeing where to set so the incoming images have "copy from last" applied like in C1pro. If i do some adjustments to an image I'd like all other images coming in during that session to have the same adjustments applied until I dictate differently. This is the default in C1pro. Sorry if this is a basic question for Lightroom (like I said, my workflow is C1pro to photoshop on my P1 backs)

Understanding that they are different softwares, I'm just trying to see if I can get Lightroom to perform close enough to my basic C1pro workflow in order to see if I can use a GFX for my work needs.

Thanks
-Craig

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
Re: adjustments while tethering Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 02:21:30 pm »

Ahh, now I've found that adjustment from within the camera selection window. This leads me to my next odd question. I can't seem to move this camera selection window once starting tether mode. it's just stuck in the middle of my screen. Any pointers?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 04:45:46 pm »

Tethering isn't as critical a market for LR as it is for C1, so its tethering features are weaker and you may not be giving the GFX a fair chance.

Maybe look into Fuji's own tethering application. I'm not sure of the details, maybe X-Acquire?

John Caldwell

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 05:08:10 pm »

Likely not precisely what you want, but you can assign a Develop Preset to incoming images during Tethered Capture. This requires that the Develop Preset exist at the tim eon tethered import, so you'd have ti 1) Generate a Develop Preset from image #1 in your sequence and then  2) Revisit the tethering dialog to apply that preset to subsequent images.

My tethered sessions are session where I first generate a Develop Preset with an appropriate white balance, build a Preset for that WB, and then apply that WB Preset to session images. It's a bit like what you are looking for perhaps.

John Caldwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up