Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black ink on media even before it hits the rollers  (Read 564 times)

604Canvas

Black ink on media even before it hits the rollers
« on: June 16, 2018, 12:20:38 am »

First post so pardon me if this didn't submit in the correct space.

Printer: Epson 9900
Media: Epson Signature Worthy Matte Canvas

Problem: During the end of the roll, the Canvas was stuck to the core (excess glue) and didn't release. The print head kept running back and forth leaving a super wet and saturated Canvas. Now the new roll has black dots of ink on the media, residue from that excess black mess that happened before.

Steps taken: I used a microfibre cloth and cleaned everyone of those small 1cm rollers until there was no more black on them. I thought my problem was fixed until I started to notice the black ink was on the Canvas before it hit the rollers. I'm thinking there might be black ink saturated somewhere in the feed before it hits the rollers.

I'm in need of help, has anyone encountered this before? Any suggestions on how to clean this?

Thanks in advance for you help!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:35:07 am by 604Canvas »

arobinson7547

Re: Black ink on media even before it hits the rollers
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 09:30:15 am »

Maybe print a bunch of White to let it rub off, as best it can. But it seems a manual cleaning at the bottom and sides of the Printhead, is needed. It's definitely in there (that excess ink) and it's not just going to disappear. It has to be wiped off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up