Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High sierra--photoshop2018-nik-crash  (Read 1116 times)

Larry451

High sierra--photoshop2018-nik-crash
« on: June 12, 2018, 06:41:42 pm »

Hi I just upgraded to High Sierra.  Latest photoshop CC 2018 and an older Nik.   No problem with photoshop and layers etc...  but when I create a new layer .......  open Nik .  couple of bars go by PS crashes
I'm wondering if buying the new Nik from DX0 will solve the problem
had no problems with my previous OS.
any suggestions
Larry.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Re: High sierra--photoshop2018-nik-crash
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:07:54 pm »

Try the 30 day trial version.

I noticed that the new NIK works better than when I was an older mac OS.  a couple of filters that stopped working have now returned to normal function.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

Jose Viegas

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:08:27 pm »

Hi I just upgraded to High Sierra.  Latest photoshop CC 2018 and an older Nik.   No problem with photoshop and layers etc...  but when I create a new layer .......  open Nik .  couple of bars go by PS crashes
I'm wondering if buying the new Nik from DX0 will solve the problem
had no problems with my previous OS.
any suggestions
Larry.
Yes, the new version solves the problem, or you can just change Niks settings to the current layer as the crash occurs when it's set to create a new layer.

Gellman

• http://www.jgphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:15:41 am »

No. It does not fix all the crash problems. I just downloaded and installed the new DxO Nik Collection, and it is an improvement, but not everything is fixed. There are still stability issues (repeatable crashes) with the latest Photoshop CC on High Sierra 10.13.4, but not as many as there used to be. The “New Features” (compatibility and stability) advertised seem to be no more than marketing hype. There is even a new double-processing/double-layer bug in Color Efex Pro when apply in a separate layer is selected in settings. On the bright side, Analog Efex Pro 2 seems to work just fine and Silver Efex Pro 2 no longer crashes EVERY time if apply in current layer is the setting. It will crash every time if apply in a separate layer is selected.

Users should beware to always save an image in Photoshop before opening Nik, so if Nik should crash, you won’t lose unsaved editing work done prior to opening Nik.

Apple just released the latest OS version, High Sierra 10.13.5. I am afraid to install it. I don’t want to lose even more functionality with DxO Nik Collection. Does anyone know how well the Collection plays with the latest OS?

Larry451

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 05:22:15 pm »

Hi   I'm on 10.13.5  i-mac and using the 30 day trial from DX0...   so far so good, no crashes with 2-3 gig files in photoshop cc2018.   I am saving in photoshop more than usual because of past crashes.  odd things happen like the mouse has to chase the NIK selective tool every once in a while..  I just save and restart and things get back to "normal".
regards
Larry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up