Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P800 (once again)  (Read 3479 times)

Garnick

Re: Epson P800 (once again)
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 08:48:32 am »

I noticed that too Gary. I think there are variances in the details of how these different drivers are written-up, but as long as one can still be sure of installing the Series version things should work well. I think it would behoove both Canon and Epson to make the Series driver the default driver in their professional printers. This would avoid a lot of confusion that keeps coming up over and over again. I have heard, however, that this design is not fully under their control - in the case of Apple for example I believe I heard it mentioned that they are facing constraints from Apple computer in respect to how they design this. If so, the several companies involved should cohere on these technical details to make life easier for their customers.

I agree completely Mark. Confusion can only lead to mistakes, and mistakes can lead to people turning away from one computer platform to another or one Printer manufacturer to another, neither of which may solve their problems.  It seems that Apple, Epson Adobe etc. simply cannot play well together on some levels, and it's then up to the consumer to unravel the mystery and get on with the work.  However, when we have such a devoted LuLa contributor as you, we can usually find the answers.  Keep up the GREAT work Mark!  Much appreciated  :)

Also, I did add one more bit to my previous post.  Yet another curiosity¡

Gary 
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson P800 (once again)
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 09:01:44 am »

Hi Gary,

Thanks, much appreciated - doin' what I can manage.

On the Epson drivers' identification in the OS, there are so many bits and pieces to it, some files identified as ".app", others not. As long as it all works...........  :-)
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up