Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony  (Read 759 times)

Wilkinson

Sony
« on: June 04, 2018, 10:01:00 am »

Hi, have been following LuLa for quite a while now, and many interesting subjects are always on your site. However there must be more happening in other areas of photography then Sony. For instance why not cover more on "All" alternative options to Adobe for post processing as a series to keep current, or more on latest trends for smart phones, and apps, etc. K. Raber keeps talking about the print, how about showing who is doing fine art printing and trends in this field. I love photography but there are other areas to explore other then just camera manufactures. After all it is the end product that counts not the paint brush one uses.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Sony
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 10:16:50 am »

Just one question: have you actually visited the Home page lately and all its recent content?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 10:24:57 am »

Are you kidding me?  Have you bothered to watch the Shooting with The Masters series with Charlie Cramer?  Or William Neal?  Have you looked at the variety of articles by myself and others on shooting abstracts, picture in the picture and the great work being done by endowment winners?  How about the On The Rocks Series?  There is a minimum of three new articles a week.  Maybe you haven't noticed that just about every site is covering Sony because it is Sony that is making the most noise and I just happen to like using Sony gear.  I work really hard to make sure there is a variety of content on this site.  You should take a look at the article before making such a claim. As far as mobile apps go we have published a number of these recently by Rad Drew and others.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 04:00:56 pm »

I don't own a Sony (yet), but I like to read about their cameras. The more, the better!

Wilkinson

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 09:44:59 am »

Didn't mean to get anyone stressed out by my comments. As I said I have been a follower of the LuLa site since it's start, and always interesting subjects. I also have been photographing for 50+ years and came out of the darkroom with the advent of digital so I do know photography. My point simply was there are also other contemporary photographers doing interesting work that might be of interest on this site. Also today Adobe isn't the end all. There are other choices for post processing, and periodic reviews would be beneficial, as well as keeping up with where the world is moving in the area of computational photography.  :)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 11:39:37 am »

I think if you look around the site, use the search feature etc. you may find a lot of what you are looking for.  I start traveling tomorrow and won't return until July 4th.  I have a workshop in the Palouse, an event at Leica and then another ship based workshop in Svalbard.  We have lots of articles in the system for the next few weeks plus a lot of projects to compete on my return.  We are looking at and working with a number of other RAW processor applications as well as other post-processing applications.  We have a few cameras we will be completing a report on too.  There will be a 2 Part On The Rocks - Toy Shop soon too.  Things are moving fast.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up