Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei B&W reversal kit questions  (Read 1985 times)

stevegoldenberg

Rollei B&W reversal kit questions
« on: June 02, 2018, 08:31:11 am »

Hi there, I’m just getting into home B&W reversal development and recently bought the Rollei Reversal Kit. Have any of you used it? I have a question that I can’t figure out anywhere online: It says it makes 1200ml of solution which is normally enough coverage for 3-4 rolls of 35mm film. But the kit says it’s enough for 15-20 rolls. I think maybe the chemicals are not one-shot and can be used several times. I can’t find any information anywhere about that though, do you by chance know? If so, do I just store them cool and in the dark in glass bottles?

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Re: Rollei B&W reversal kit questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 09:26:18 am »

Hi there, I’m just getting into home B&W reversal development and recently bought the Rollei Reversal Kit. Have any of you used it? I have a question that I can’t figure out anywhere online: It says it makes 1200ml of solution which is normally enough coverage for 3-4 rolls of 35mm film. But the kit says it’s enough for 15-20 rolls. I think maybe the chemicals are not one-shot and can be used several times. I can’t find any information anywhere about that though, do you by chance know? If so, do I just store them cool and in the dark in glass bottles?

Sounds like it is to be used until exhaustion. Does it mention it can be replenished?  If it does you can add that and go beyond to whatever the replenished states.           

Peter           
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 02:40:36 pm by petermfiore »

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 09:46:41 am »

Does it mean that the 1200ml is a concentrate, to be diluted with water in some percentage, the working, diluted volume of solution to suit a tank with 3 films used once, then dumped?

I hate instructions that are not beyond doubt; have you found a definitive answer anywhere since making your post?

Rob

BrianBeauban

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:28:11 am »

You  may be confusing capacity of the working strength developer to process x-number of rolls and the volume of solution it takes to adequately cover film in the tank. The capacity is based on the volume of stock solution, not the dilution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up