Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate Alteration and Severe Weather  (Read 695 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Climate Alteration and Severe Weather
« on: May 28, 2018, 09:17:06 am »

I'm going to give this one last try.  I will only post links to articles on climate and weather and would encourage others to do the same as they wish.   I will not respond to any postings and also n hope others will respect this site as a simple archive of both technical and non- technical articles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/05/28/the-second-1000-year-rainstorm-in-two-years-engulfed-ellicott-city-heres-how-it-happened/?utm_term=.1994a63b9ec2

The flooding of Ellicott City for the second time in two years.   It's 20 miles from my house.

Alan Goldhammer

Re: Climate Alteration and Severe Weather
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:30:40 am »

Here is a story on what would be  only the second hurricane to hit the southeast prior to the official start of hurricane season.   https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/05/27/severe-impacts-from-subtropical-storm-alberto-beginning-in-florida-and-parts-of-the-southeast/?utm_term=.ffda7e8d58f5

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:25 am »

I'm going to give this one last try.

I hope that's a promise, Alan.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 01:25:27 pm »

You can't be the same Alan Goldhammer who made this post in the "global cooling" thread, can you? No, silly thought. Nobody could be that much of a hypocrite.

I want this thread closed down right now. Ray and I tried to keep this topic alive and failed.  Those who were responsible for the closing of that thread should not be allowed to raise the topic again. I'm completely serious about this!

Alan

Anyway, I took no notice of your demand last time and I shall pretend that it doesn't apply this time either.

Jeremy

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 02:51:14 pm »

You can't be the same Alan Goldhammer who made this post in the "global cooling" thread, can you? No, silly thought. Nobody could be that much of a hypocrite.

Anyway, I took no notice of your demand last time and I shall pretend that it doesn't apply this time either.

Jeremy
Not a particular good response from a moderator and certainly not one that I ever made when I was moderating the other thread.  This pretty much does it for me on this topic.  In try to make a good faith effort to improve the dialogue and this is the response.  No b even handed moderating means farewell!
Pages: [1]   Go Up