Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bondage store  (Read 4051 times)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Re: Bondage store
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 01:02:32 pm »

Back on topic:

Reflections are interesting.

I have a tip:
Try to move the Clarity slider in LR, PS or whatever post processing program you use, and see how you can manipulate the dept of your shot.

Kind regards
Ivo

elliot_n

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 01:39:32 pm »

Yes. Sorry to stray off topic.

Reflections are interesting - I think because the camera sees them more clearly than we do.

It can be fun to get tangled up in a reflection picture, but I find this one a bit too confusing – there's the daughter in the reflection (?) and then there's also an older woman approaching from behind the glass (?). We can see a slither of the daughter behind the lampost (?), and she's talking to her friend in a red t-shirt (?)

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 02:18:16 pm »

A tip: reflections in shop windows are a good place to use wide open apertures.

That way, you settle on a principal motif and give it the chance to be more or less visible as desired. Confusion is seldom pleasing but can be interesting as in the recently shown kaleidoscope method...

Unfortunately, in the first option, the Leica M3 street warrior is deprived of a useful tool. Maybe not: as most will tell you, they develop a special relationship with space.

:-)

Two23

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 08:44:44 pm »

You probably ought to get out your view camera and wet plates and do some "street photography."

I bought a new box of dry plates (ISO 2!) for my 1905 Century Camera Co. Model 41 4x5.  Is that close enough? :)  I've taken some candid people shots with it.

Lens was a 1905 6 inch Velostigmat in fancy Volute shutter.

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 04:49:48 am »

That's a great comment: sit in front of the real thing, but look at it on a cellphone!

Life get's better by the day. Soon, we will become accustomed to living in a cave again, and scratching memory promts on the wall to remind ourselves of the horrors we left behind in Outerworld...

;-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 06:49:49 am »

That's a great comment: sit in front of the real thing, but look at it on a cellphone!...

Apropos...

“10 Instagram-Worthy Travel Destinations”

It ain’t worthy unless it is Instagram-worthy  :-\

https://www.vacation.com/destinations-culture/10-Instagram-Worthy-Travel-Destinations

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:31 am »

Apropos...

“10 Instagram-Worthy Travel Destinations”

It ain’t worthy unless it is Instagram-worthy  :-\

https://www.vacation.com/destinations-culture/10-Instagram-Worthy-Travel-Destinations

Does it list this place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FXTi_9lgC0

Rob

Two23

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 09:38:16 am »

That's a great comment: sit in front of the real thing, but look at it on a cellphone!

Hey now, don't knock it.  The cell phone has come along just in time to allow candid photography with a view camera!  I have plenty of time to focus, set exposure, insert film holder, and get a shot when people are hypnotized by their phones. ;D

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

Rob C

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 10:09:07 am »

Hey now, don't knock it.  The cell phone has come along just in time to allow candid photography with a view camera!  I have plenty of time to focus, set exposure, insert film holder, and get a shot when people are hypnotized by their phones. ;D

Kent in SD

Indeed, not only are they in a trance, they are also trying to work out what the hell the camera 'phone is seeing!

Yesterday afternoon, as I was doing my obligatory walk along the marina, I was stopped by this twenty-something child who asked me to make a snap of her with her 'phone. I thought this was very funny, in an ironical kind of way, and so I smiled to myself. I stopped smiling when I realised I could hardly see where she was! Playing for time and praying for my eyes to adapt to the thing, I asked her if she wanted a full-height or a closer shot. She said that just as long as it showed the bay, with her standing there, she was cool with it. Well, in Spanish, in words to that effect.

To my delight as much as surprise, I bumped into her again not long after as I was walking the opposite way out of the boat place. She smiled first - I am very careful as an old man - and we had a chat of sorts. Turned out that, just like Manuel, she hails from Barcelona. Apparently, she's staying with a friend who has to work during working hours. So retirement does have benefits after all: apart from other quasi-wrecks, you get to meet not only the unemployed, but the occasional attractive tourist.

Look forward to it, forget forty: life begins when it no longer matters very much! It's called liberation. Can one do liberation street? I'm sure Google can.

;-)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 12:26:04 pm »

I bought a new box of dry plates (ISO 2!) for my 1905 Century Camera Co. Model 41 4x5.  Is that close enough? :)  I've taken some candid people shots with it.

Lens was a 1905 6 inch Velostigmat in fancy Volute shutter.

Kent in SD

Pretty good tourist picture.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up