Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow Day  (Read 955 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Slow Day
« on: May 24, 2018, 04:12:37 pm »

Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

francois

Re: Slow Day
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 07:03:49 am »

Plenty to discover in this shot…
I like it a lot.
Francois

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:33:54 am »

I was in a restaurant yesterday morning that had the exact same pendant lights but that's not my comment only an observation. Having been a store owner at one time in my life, I can empathize with this woman's outlook, at least at this moment. Great catch of a pensive state.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RSL

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 08:53:19 am »

Thanks Francois and Chris. In the seventies and early eighties my wife had an art gallery, Chris, and I remember spending time in the gallery doing exactly what this woman is doing, though we didn't have laptops in those days. Maybe that's why I picked up on this one.

Two23

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 01:33:56 pm »

In the seventies and early eighties my wife had an art gallery, Chris, and I remember spending time in the gallery doing exactly what this woman is doing, though we didn't have laptops in those days.

My kids once asked what we did before there were laptops and cell phones.  I told him I read a lot of great books. :)  (I still do, actually.)

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.

RSL

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 01:36:18 pm »

Me too, Kent. I stopped watching TV altogether about ten years ago. It kept getting worse and worse and finally I began to wonder why I was watching the crap that's on it.

Two23

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 05:29:28 pm »

Me too, Kent. I stopped watching TV altogether about ten years ago. It kept getting worse and worse and finally I began to wonder why I was watching the crap that's on it.

For me it comes down to time.  Hours & minutes are the units of measurement of life.  I once worked as an occupational therapist in nursing homes, and would ask my patients (in their 80s & 90s) what they found the biggest surprise in life to be.  Every one answered saying how short it was!  So, I don' want to be one of those people who goes through life drunk, stoned, or fiddling with a cell phone.  Time is too precious to waste on those things.  I want to experience everything I can, not slide through the years in stupor. :P

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up