Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating Contact Sheets with long file names, in Photoshop  (Read 349 times)

Dinarius

Ive created some contact sheets in CS 6.

The file names are longer than the two lines of file name that is produced over the four rows x five columns.

So, each file name ends in ..... even with the smallest 4 point Font size selected.

Is there a way of ensuring that the entire file name is legible? E.g. can I increase the number of lines of file name so that the entire file name can be seen?

Thanks.

D.

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Re: Creating Contact Sheets with long file names, in Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 10:17:50 AM »

I use Lightroom, not Photoshop, for my contact sheets, but maybe my approach will offer you something.

I too wanted complete file names as well as (sometimes) e.g. virtual copy number, file dimensions, ISO, etc.  My solution was to make a print template of 1 column x [n] rows, with the cell size height made to comfortably accommodate n and width made as large as possible (this gives the full width of the paper available for the information that is to be printed).  I have templates for n=6 through n=15.

Depending on the length of the information to be printed, more columns than just one will work also.

I do this almost always on 8-1/2 x 11 paper, when I want an inventory for the prints in a certain folder or box.  One could of course have a template for larger images printed on larger paper.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Dinarius

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »

Thanks.

I sorted the problem by changing the canvas size in the CS6 Contact Sheet dialog to something big enough to show all the file name, and in a font that is easily legible.

D.

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 08:52:08 AM »

Thanks for letting me know.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up