Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HPZ3100 ink spittoon?  (Read 585 times)

nhuphuong422

HPZ3100 ink spittoon?
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:30:34 am »

I have to replace the belt on my aging Z3100 pretty soon and wonder about replacing ink service station spittoon.  Can I leave it alone?  Maybe replace what looks like absorbent material at the bottom? 
The reason I'm asking is that it seems to be fabulously expensive (several hundred $$)... I know the Epson's have a chip and will prevent the printer running after a set amount of use without a new one or a chip reset.  Not sure how the HP works.

Thanks

Damir

Re: HPZ3100 ink spittoon?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 06:30:13 am »

No chip, you can replace absorbent material or just leave it open without absorbent material, my is open, no problem so far.

jrp55262

Re: HPZ3100 ink spittoon?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 12:08:50 pm »

What exactly are you referring to?  The "Service Station" is the big replaceable mechanism on the right-hand side of the printer while the "Spittoon" is the waste-ink receptacle on the left.  Have you ever replaced either?  You can get a service kit that includes both the service station and the left spittoon with its absorbent material.  If it's been a long time (or never) since you've replaced the service station then I suggest you bite the bullet, buy the parts, and replace both the service station and the spittoon.  Since you're going to have the printer apart to replace the belt anyway it won't be that difficult to replace these as well.  Also, I believe that the Z3200 service station and spittoon are compatible with the Z3100 if parts availability is an issue.  I also found that I could save money by shopping around; I've found wildly different prices for the same parts from different vendors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up