Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 6 Photomerge: order of photos  (Read 1069 times)

ymc226

LR 6 Photomerge: order of photos
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:09:20 pm »

I'd like to take a horizontal panorama made of of at least 3 shots (maybe 5) but instead of going from left to right with overlap, I would like to take the middle photo first where my family would be posing, then go to the left and finally jump to the right so the family won't have to stay in the posed stance for long. 

Is there a way to specify the order in which to use the photos using Photomerge in LR?

TonyW

Re: LR 6 Photomerge: order of photos
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 02:45:44 pm »

Not at all sure that there is a way to specify the order in Photomerge. 

However are you sure that the order of shots is important? 

I am not 100% sure but I think that as long as you have adequate overlap that the software may sequence as needed after identifying the required areas - Perhaps worth a couple of tries with an unimportant subject

pluton

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:33:32 pm »

Is there a way to specify the order in which to use the photos using Photomerge in LR?
My experience---others may be different:
The way to specify the order is to drag the frames into the order you want while in the Grid view in Library.
I have found that the order sometimes (always?) matters if the 'Perspective' projection option is being used. 
The frame order doesn't seem to matter when using Cylindrical and Spherical projection.
Note: Dragging frames will change the 'Sort By' designation from 'Capture Time' or 'Added Order' to 'Custom', but once the pano is created by LR, you can return the Grid view order to whatever is your normal Sort By setting.

ymc226

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:03:32 pm »

Thanks pluton. I’ll give it a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up