Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real Street  (Read 3298 times)

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Re: Real Street
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 12:21:05 pm »

There are tons of genres for painting, sculpture, and illustration. Painting: 1) Impressionism; 2) Cubist; 3) Color field; 4) Social realism; 5) Realism; 6) Abstract; 7) Non-objective; 8) Op art; 9) Pop art; 10) Pre-Renaissance Christian; 11) Asian art (broad category that includes unique attributes of dynasties and countries; and more.

As a artist should I strive to emulate the founders of these genres or strive to move forward?

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 02:37:03 pm »

Rob, did Frank actually say the above, or is that your sentiment?

No, absolutely not! The quotation ends at  the ... after the word gone.

Worse, I posted the incomplete post by accident by hitting post instead of preview and went on to write more on the topic. The next thing I saw was your post, which took me by surprise, as you can imagine! I then went back and cancelled it, only to discover that no, it had not been cancelled at all, the final, longer one had vanished! I think I shall have to abandon the iPad for writing and keep it for reading!

Cock-ups like that take the enthusiasm away, as of now. The hell with rewriting the post!

No, it's not over: the original, prematurely sent one has indeed gone, but so has the finished one, and all that survives is the thing in you reply.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:40:07 pm by Rob C »

OmerV

• Photographs
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 03:11:25 pm »

No, absolutely not! The quotation ends at  the ... after the word gone.

Worse, I posted the incomplete post by accident by hitting post instead of preview and went on to write more on the topic. The next thing I saw was your post, which took me by surprise, as you can imagine! I then went back and cancelled it, only to discover that no, it had not been cancelled at all, the final, longer one had vanished! I think I shall have to abandon the iPad for writing and keep it for reading!

Cock-ups like that take the enthusiasm away, as of now. The hell with rewriting the post!

No, it's not over: the original, prematurely sent one has indeed gone, but so has the finished one, and all that survives is the thing in you reply.

If you wish I will remove my post with your rough draft.

I too use an iPad but have a physical, bluetooth keyboard which makes things easier.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:38 pm »

As a artist should I strive to emulate the founders of these genres or strive to move forward?

How about explaining -- in detail -- what you mean by "move forward," Keith?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 03:29:53 pm »

If you wish I will remove my post with your rough draft.

I too use an iPad but have a physical, bluetooth keyboard which makes things easier.

Thanks, Omer, please do!

I find the problem is with dexterity: my fingers are just too clumsy to work well in tight spaces like that.

Rob

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2018, 08:10:39 am »

Hi Keith. It's been a while and I'm still waiting for your definition of "move forward."
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up