Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few street shots  (Read 1352 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
A few street shots
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:02:24 am »

This is not something I do very often and I thought it could be interesting to see comments on this. They are from Sienna and two are taken on the central square before too many people came there in the morning and one the streets before. It was a couple of days before my recent Tuscany May 2018 workshop.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: A few street shots
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:24:01 am »

Hi Hans, For a landscape guy you do pretty good street. But you might want to pull the street shots into a segment separate from your beautiful landscape, and you might want to get Chris to move your street stuff over to Street Showcase.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Ivophoto

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:08:00 pm »

This is not something I do very often and I thought it could be interesting to see comments on this. They are from Sienna and two are taken on the central square before too many people came there in the morning and one the streets before. It was a couple of days before my recent Tuscany May 2018 workshop.

I like the Claire obscure of the first one.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:11:05 pm »

Hi Hans, For a landscape guy you do pretty good street. But you might want to pull the street shots into a segment separate from your beautiful landscape, and you might want to get Chris to move your street stuff over to Street Showcase.

I think User Critiques is sufficiently broad to cover landscape, street and whatever else people want to throw at it. The introduction of Landscape Showcase didn't prevent landscapes being placed here and I don't think Street Showcase should prevent posting of street here.

Jeremy

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 03:00:29 pm »

I think User Critiques is sufficiently broad to cover landscape, street and whatever else people want to throw at it. The introduction of Landscape Showcase didn't prevent landscapes being placed here and I don't think Street Showcase should prevent posting of street here.

Jeremy

I wasn't suggesting it be prevented, Jeremy. I realize you can post anything anywhere, and here in LuLa people usually do. Actually, I should have posted that shell on Landscape Showcase.

Okay. Just did it. I think it's really fine landscape. Fits beautifully inside the definition of landscape. I'll put it up against John Constable any day.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:48:05 pm by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 12:18:50 am »

I wasn't suggesting it be prevented, Jeremy. I realize you can post anything anywhere, and here in LuLa people usually do. Actually, I should have posted that shell on Landscape Showcase.

Okay. Just did it. I think it's really fine landscape. Fits beautifully inside the definition of landscape. I'll put it up against John Constable any day.

That wasn't the point, imo. He's not posting just anywhere, he's posting in User Critique and asking specifically for comments. The Showcase threads aren't meant for critique, unless you consider praise to be a form of critique as well.
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 03:19:29 am »

The Showcase threads aren't meant for critique, unless you consider praise to be a form of critique as well.

Who says they aren't meant for critique? And how can praise not be regarded as a form of critique?

Jeremy

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:50:04 am »

Who says they aren't meant for critique? And how can praise not be regarded as a form of critique?

Jeremy

Sorry, should have added "specifically" in that sentence somewhere. Just like OP is specifically asking for comments for which a User Critique section is specifically suited. It's a far cry from "anyone posting anything anywhere, because it's LuLa".

Praise is not a form of critique because it tells you nothing about the "why" or "how", and helps little to none in improving one's approach.

Of course, this is all just imo, ymmv, etc...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 02:48:26 pm »

Thanks for a few comments (2) and many about something irrelevant. I posted in this forum for the reason I mentioned. If some of you that discussed if the psot should have been somewhere else have an opinion about the photos then great :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 11:30:58 am »

Nice shots, Hans.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 02:32:29 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up