Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H3d11 sensor repaired now photo very magenta  (Read 1521 times)

shaun

H3d11 sensor repaired now photo very magenta
« on: May 11, 2018, 11:32:58 am »

Hi

i sent my h3d11 for repair. Clearly something went wrong as all shots are magenta. Anyone know whats going on. Hasselblad say to update firmware 1st which I did but no change. I need to use 3500K  -53 tint to get daylight.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Shaun

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: H3d11 sensor repaired now photo very magenta
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 11:41:18 am »

Hi

i sent my h3d11 for repair. Clearly something went wrong as all shots are magenta. Anyone know whats going on. Hasselblad say to update firmware 1st which I did but no change. I need to use 3500K  -53 tint to get daylight.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Shaun

What white balance were you shooting to when it shows as magenta?

Did your dealer inspect the repair results before sending back to you?

Steve Hendrix/CI

Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

shaun

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:50:09 am »

Shooting at daylight 5500  . I presume he didn't inspect as it would have been obvious though he must have shot something to make sure scratch was ok. Can't get in touch with him right now.

shaun

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 05:34:09 pm »

Ok so...... the only supplier of filter for digital backs sells a filter made by Hoya... the original filers are made by Schott . Although they are equivalent, they have a very small difference. This means that you must create a custom white balance. 

I shoot a colorchecker in the studio but for landscapes 5500 and adjust by eye . Anyone do this custom white balance in camera. Is it done once and thats it then the lcd will display all at a perceived 5500?

shaun

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 06:09:52 am »

So a further development. Custom white balance cures but I was shooting some clothing and all was neutral except the clothing which was magenta. Impossible to correct without a 486IRUV filters on the lens , expensive espeilly if you have several different thread sizes. Ouch

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:11 pm »

So a further development. Custom white balance cures but I was shooting some clothing and all was neutral except the clothing which was magenta. Impossible to correct without a 486IRUV filters on the lens , expensive espeilly if you have several different thread sizes. Ouch

You can resell the back as an IR-photo back :)

I think you should get  refund for the cover glass. The Schott if I remember rightly is an IR-absorbing glass also used by Leica because it is tailored for Kodak sensors.

Edmund

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

shaun

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:09:39 pm »

Yes he did say he had seen same effect years ago on a Leica in the past. They still have my old sensor which only had a tiny scratch and that can be refitted, so thats an option.

Just got a sony a7r111 so may be transitioning anyway.

Shaun

eronald

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 11:10:23 pm »

Yes he did say he had seen same effect years ago on a Leica in the past. They still have my old sensor which only had a tiny scratch and that can be refitted, so thats an option.

Just got a sony a7r111 so may be transitioning anyway.

Shaun

Actually, you may have some exposure issues as well if you use a flashmeter, as the true ISO of the sensor will have changed (more sensitive). if you use an IR filter on the lens, your color quality may improve, compared with a base Hassy if you profile the sensor. The M8 was considered better than the M9. In the Leica S system, I believe filtration is embedded inside the lenses.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

landscapephoto

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 03:45:50 am »

You could test whether your back is indeed sensitive to IR with an IR filter (cheap ones cost about 10-15$). If so, it was not correctly repaired and you should have warranty on the repair.

shaun

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 04:29:13 am »

Filter clears it up however moving forward there is no other option its now officially not supported and there is no proper cover for the sensor. So its put up with or revert back to old sensor.

landscapephoto

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 10:38:03 am »

Filter clears it up however moving forward there is no other option its now officially not supported and there is no proper cover for the sensor. So its put up with or revert back to old sensor.

I meant: you could try a filter letting only IR through and see whether the camera is sensitive to IR. If it is, that would demonstrate that the repair is faulty.

eronald

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 02:55:20 pm »

I meant: you could try a filter letting only IR through and see whether the camera is sensitive to IR. If it is, that would demonstrate that the repair is faulty.

You mean that he could then sell it as an IR Medium Format, a rare thing indeed :)

Edmund
Pages: [1]   Go Up