Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Locate in Explorer" Greyed Out in 11.1.X  (Read 2191 times)

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
"Locate in Explorer" Greyed Out in 11.1.X
« on: May 07, 2018, 03:42:15 pm »

Hello sirs or ma'am,

I'm reposting in the Luminous Landscape for more visibility; originally posted in the P1 User-to-User forum. I know my memory is NOT playing tricks on me. I know in past versions of C1PRO, I can invoke "Locate in Explorer" for RAW files from supported cameras imported as "Inside Catalog."

This is needed in those times, when I have no idea exactly where my RAW file is in the C1PRO catalog structure. In the current 11.1.1 the option is greyed out. I thought this could be a BUG. Support replied not the case.

I purposely went back to 9.3.X and turns out I was able to invoke "Locate in Explorer" for RAW files supported. I can't install version 10, because it's also the same license as my 11. It's an upgraded license.

Can you confirm/verify my findings? In other words, the "Locate in Explorer" greyed out in 11.1.1 is a BUG and oddity requiring further inspection. Something is WRONG, if that functionality was stripped out in version 11.

Best in health and warmest wishes,

Ronald N. Tan | Photographer
http://ronaldnztan.com

IanSeward

Re: "Locate in Explorer" Greyed Out in 11.1.X
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 05:21:03 am »

Hello sirs or ma'am,

I'm reposting in the Luminous Landscape for more visibility; originally posted in the P1 User-to-User forum. I know my memory is NOT playing tricks on me. I know in past versions of C1PRO, I can invoke "Locate in Explorer" for RAW files from supported cameras imported as "Inside Catalog."

This is needed in those times, when I have no idea exactly where my RAW file is in the C1PRO catalog structure. In the current 11.1.1 the option is greyed out. I thought this could be a BUG. Support replied not the case.

I purposely went back to 9.3.X and turns out I was able to invoke "Locate in Explorer" for RAW files supported. I can't install version 10, because it's also the same license as my 11. It's an upgraded license.

Can you confirm/verify my findings? In other words, the "Locate in Explorer" greyed out in 11.1.1 is a BUG and oddity requiring further inspection. Something is WRONG, if that functionality was stripped out in version 11.

Best in health and warmest wishes,

Ronald N. Tan | Photographer
http://ronaldnztan.com

Show in Explorer (Windows) works fine for me using C1 v11.1.1

Ian

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
Re: "Locate in Explorer" Greyed Out in 11.1.X
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:40:55 pm »

Hi Ian,

Thank you for replying. It's interesting. I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1803 (Stable, Final) Build 17134.48 and C1PRO 11.1.1 The oddity that I have described is greyed out for me. I have since corrected my habit, because P1 Support told me that it wasn't a bug and it's designed as intended. When I import my RAW files from supported cameras, they are imported as "Inside Catalog." Support said because of "Inside Catalog," everything is managed and the user shouldn't be able to right click on a RAW file and determine the path inside the Originals folder.

Now, when I want to use ACR within Photoshop CC, I right-click and open in Photoshop CC.

Part of me still wants to know where exactly my RAW files lie inside the Originals folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up