Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr - CC bizarre color issue  (Read 985 times)

sanfairyanne

Lr - CC bizarre color issue
« on: April 30, 2018, 04:56:17 am »

I have two images, both taken on the same evening. I made some minor edits in LR 2018, just WB, Whites, Lights and Exposure. I then open in Photoshop CC. The image suddenly gets way over saturated. So I figured I'd somehow inadvertently messed with my settings, however, both LR and CC are set to Prophoto RGB 16bit. My Macbook Pro is set to LCD (default). Here's the odd thing; none of my other images are being affected. I only have two shots from this particular evening, so I figured maybe I had made some odd settings to the camera (Nikon D810) perhaps auto-fix or dynamic-lighting (ADL), however, upon checking the exif data I can tell this was set to off. So I then send the RAW NEF file to a semi-pro photographer, he tries it on his computer and tells me that he can't see anything wrong.

I include two screengrabs below. It should be apparent, the oversaturated image (top) is from CC, the lower image is from LR.

So if anyone can offer some advice I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:00:12 am by sanfairyanne »

sanfairyanne

Re: Lr - CC bizarre color issue
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:56:05 pm »

I've tried converting to DNG and while I get an improvement it's still over saturated.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:05:58 pm »

You made edits on one, so why not expect to see differences, even in saturation (a byproduct of some edits)?
Are you saying they appear differently in each application? Are you viewing in LR at 100% (1:1) in Develop module when comparing at the SAME size in Photoshop?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

sanfairyanne

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 04:12:37 pm »

Andrew,

Yes, I'm viewing at 100% in both LR and CC. The issue is confined to just images taken on one evening, everything else in my entire LR catalog has a perfect color match when brought into CC. It's as though something was incorporated into the RAW when the shot was taken. Converting to DNG has improved it, but not perfectly, it's not just my eyes either, I asked work colleagues their opinion, they all agree that once I bring the image into CC it becomes over-saturated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up