Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to move Keyboard shortcuts over from desktop to laptop  (Read 771 times)

kevs

Trying to move Keyboard shortcuts over from desktop to laptop-- and as I copy that file over I get:

Finder cannot complete operation because some data in keyboard shortcut can't be read or written, error 36

Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

Garnick

Re: Trying to move Keyboard shortcuts over from desktop to laptop
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:20:17 am »

Trying to move Keyboard shortcuts over from desktop to laptop-- and as I copy that file over I get:

Finder cannot complete operation because some data in keyboard shortcut can't be read or written, error 36

Did you try to copy/paste the file or the folder.  If it was just the file you were trying to export that may be the problem.  Since I've never needed to export these shortcuts I'm not at all sure what the proper procedure would be, or if it can be done successfully at all.  However, sometimes when exporting any sort of "user" file one has to copy/paste the actual folder containing the file.  Before doing that I would make sure I have a copy of the existing file first, which could be reinstalled if necessary.  Of course PS should be shut down before attempting and of these procedures.  If it does seem that the export has been successful, but you cannot access the shortcuts, try rebooting the Mac.  I have no idea what the code refers to, but you might want to post this question on either the Apple or Adobe forums, or perhaps both.  I imagine the Adobe forum might be the best place to start, since it is indeed an Adobe product.  In case you are not familiar with either of these forums, here are the links -
https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop and https://discussions.apple.com/welcome.

Let us know what success you have, if any.

Gary 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:27:11 am by Garnick »
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

kevs

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:54:06 pm »

I posted there already no luck, that's why I'm posting here! No, I brought in a copy of keyboard shortcut folder, but did not work.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

smahn

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:47:15 am »

I'm not able to give informed advice, but I can tell you that googling "error 36" shows some promising leads, more specific to Mac than Adobe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up