Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR6 doesn't import all files  (Read 1020 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
LR6 doesn't import all files
« on: April 28, 2018, 01:30:11 am »

Using purchased version LR6.14:  I shot Sony ARW and jpeg (RAW + Jpeg).  Imprting from the camera's memory card, LR copied both the RAW and Jpeg files into folder in the computer.  But I only see the ARW files in the LR directory.  How do I correct this?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR6 doesn't import all files
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 02:42:15 am »

Either put the JPEGs in a different folder (using Explorer/Finder), or set the Preference / General "Treat JPEGs next to raw files as separate photos". Import will now bring in both files, and you can synchronize existing folders if you want.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 03:53:54 pm »

I see that I didn't set the Preference / General "Treat JPEGs next to raw files as separate photos".  So now I have checked it.   Should I delete all imports and start over with that box checked?  Would that be the easiest most efficient way?  Of course the LR library doesn't show all the files now even though they're in a folder in the computer.  SO how would I delete all files and start over?   

JeanMichel

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 05:09:17 pm »

No need to delete anything. Just import the jpg files. Go IMPORT, navigate to the folder where your jpg files are, and simply import. If the folder(s) include your raw files, make sure to check the "do not import suspected duplicates"

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 05:47:24 pm »

OK That seemed to work.  Thanks mucho. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up