Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone with a hasselblad digital back in Toronto?  (Read 1014 times)

Endeavour

Anyone with a hasselblad digital back in Toronto?
« on: April 20, 2018, 07:46:39 am »

I am wanting to buy an HCD lens for my H1, but that means I also need to update the firmware on my body, but I only have a film and Phase One digital back

Anyone in the GTA have a digital back who could help update the firmware for me please? I tried vistek and Aden - no joy
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:03:42 am by Endeavour »

landscapephoto

Re: Anyone with a hasselblad digital back in Toronto?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 02:04:04 am »

To upgrade the H1, you need a very early digital back from the CF series and these are rare. Later back from the H3D, H4D, etc... will not work.

matted

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 01:16:18 pm »

I am wanting to buy an HCD lens for my H1, but that means I also need to update the firmware on my body, but I only have a film and Phase One digital back

Anyone in the GTA have a digital back who could help update the firmware for me please? I tried vistek and Aden - no joy

You could also try B3k. They are not a Hasselblad dealer but have used Hasselblad stuff go through there all the time. If they don’t have an appropriate back they may know someone that does. Their customer service is FAR superior to Vistek et al.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:34:01 pm by matted »

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 06:56:29 pm »

Have you actually tried a Hasselblad dealer? At one stage I understand that they were doing it for free. Even so it probably is not that much.
An alternative is to buy an updated body on eBay.
A better alternative frankly is to just buy an integrated Hasselblad system complete and sell your H1 as it is now maybe 18 years old.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

matted

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 07:36:59 am »

Have you actually tried a Hasselblad dealer? At one stage I understand that they were doing it for free. Even so it probably is not that much.
An alternative is to buy an updated body on eBay.
A better alternative frankly is to just buy an integrated Hasselblad system complete and sell your H1 as it is now maybe 18 years old.

The Hasselblad dealer (and possibly Canadian Distributor?) in Toronto (Headshots) was bought by a chain (Henry’s) that does not really care about Medium Format at all... at one point they had a token H6D in their display case but none of the salespeople knew anything about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up