Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On The Rocks Video Just published  (Read 2700 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
On The Rocks Video Just published
« on: April 16, 2018, 08:04:25 am »

Today we publish a new idea.  It's a video series made in collaboration with Roberts Camera in Indianapolis. Three guys talking photography and occasionally drinking whiskey.  In this first episode, we have a discussion on the camera industry.  We decided on the title On The Rocks.   This is not your typical YouTube video.  It moves fast, there are some laughs and some good information. We learned a lot from the first episode.  Our second episode coming in two weeks will focus on sensor sizes.  Please enjoy. You can read more about this on our Home Page
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

rdonson

Re: On The Rocks Video Just published
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:56:24 am »

Enjoyed it!!!   

I'm looking forward to many more. 

As alluded to in your video I don't see the need for very high pixel counts in digital ICL cameras for what I do.  I'm also not sold that 35mm (full frame) sensors are the end all be all even though I own one.  If lots of big, fat pixels grabbed me I think I'd give the Fuji GFX 50 a look or maybe the rumored GFX R from Fuji. 
Regards,
Ron

TommyWeir

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 12:39:26 pm »

Cheers Kevin, good vibe.

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 02:09:41 pm »

You asked for some feedback and my observation is that perhaps Jody dominated the attention / discussion too much and Phil was just a bystander.

I am not suggesting you use a stopwatch but perhaps may consider balancing out a little more the  contributions from Jody & Phil.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 02:15:29 pm by Jeff »

scottfll

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 02:11:36 pm »

Great start, thanks, fun and informative!

rabidgood

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 03:59:25 pm »

Just saw the first video.  Great idea, great discussion, and great fun.  You said it at the end: this isn't just about talking specs; it's about enjoying making pictures.  Thanks, and I look forward to the next episode.  I hope you set an extra glass!

MarcRochkind

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:19:05 pm »

Enjoyable and informative. However, so much laughter and joking around made it sometimes hard to hear what the people were saying.

David S

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 12:01:49 pm »

Fun video and very much looking forward to the next ones.

Dave S

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 03:33:39 pm »

Enjoyable and informative. However, so much laughter and joking around made it sometimes hard to hear what the people were saying.

I agree, but I think that was more due to the constant piano sounds plonking away in the background.

I really enjoyed the video though and look forward to many more, but do we need the music to continue during and over the dialogue? Perhaps not.

But yes this series definitely gets the thumbs up from me, very informative and very enjoyable - oh and a 50mp+ 16 bit back lit sensor on a FF Canon lens mountable body, yep I 'd buy it tomorrow  ;D

Dave

toconnorphotography

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 03:54:38 pm »

Kevin, this video was a lot of fun and informative.  Looking forward to more.  My one comment is that it is much easier to hear and understand you than the other two gentlemen.  Not sure if you mic is louder or if because they are at the side of you they turn their heads to look at you when speaking and thus loosing volume.

Thanks, love LuLa's site.

Tom

Harald L

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 03:19:33 am »

Nice entertainment for enthusiasts but the audio is somewhat dull and needs improvement.
Glad to be an amateur

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 07:25:08 am »

Thanks for the comments. This was our first try.  We will be working on a number of things such as audio in the future.  The next episode will be published on April 30.  Then expect 2 more in May.  I hope we will smooth out the small rough edges and have just as much fun with the next several topics.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up