Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Module Acting Up Yet Again?  (Read 1351 times)

mbaginy

Map Module Acting Up Yet Again?
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:42:52 am »

After updating to LR Classic 7,3 I can’t get the map module to function properly.

When searching for a location, the module switches to a night time world map and an error message reads, the map module is offline.  LR had a similar problem about a year ago, but the module did then find the location requested, but only after that error message.

Has anyone else noticed this map module behaviour?  And have you found a way to make the module function?  Any tips?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Map Module Acting Up Yet Again?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:50:26 am »

I did see this a year ago, never seen it since and not seen any recent reports of it happening.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 11:27:25 am »

I remember this as well from about a year ago.  My recollection is that it was caused by an access failure involving (some of?) the servers responding to requests to the Google Maps API.  Since the LR map module is working fine in London and I'm not seeing problems here in the Washington, D.C., area, it might be localized to central Europe or even just Germany.  I believe I read that Google now routes traffic through regional access points in order to comply with different governmental regulatory requirements.

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 02:04:23 pm »

Interesting to hear that others are using the map module without problems.  Maybe it has to do with my location.  I'll search for more information using that as possibility.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 02:16:59 pm »

Since this morning, I noticed this guy reported and solved the same problem. Dutch? German? Or maybe it was just a glitch at Google.

IIRC the previous problem was caused by Google changing the authentication method.

mbaginy

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 03:11:22 pm »

John, that fellow's solution solved my problem too.  Now the map module seems to function properly.  I turned LR off, then on again and presto, the map module reacts to my input!

Thanks for that link!  Simple, but effective.
Pages: [1]   Go Up