Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Lindbergh  (Read 983 times)

Rob C

More Lindbergh
« on: April 13, 2018, 05:51:15 am »

http://buccellati.com/en/carolyn-murphy?

There are stills, and a little scroll down, the video.

Rob

P.S.

If I was still working I'd certainly buy myself a music stand! Much better doing it in camera and not in Photoshop; but you knew that. I think he uses it in every video I've seen recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinQcvbnZRU&feature=autoshare
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 05:59:52 am by Rob C »

Rado

Re: More Lindbergh
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 04:00:14 pm »

What is that music stand for though? To create more vignetting? At those distances it can't have much more effect than that. I'd rather move one more slider in post than drag around one more light/music stand with me when shooting on location, but I don't have an army of assistants like PL does.

Rob C

Re: More Lindbergh
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »

What is that music stand for though? To create more vignetting? At those distances it can't have much more effect than that. I'd rather move one more slider in post than drag around one more light/music stand with me when shooting on location, but I don't have an army of assistants like PL does.

A quick demo: shoot something with your open hand in front of the lens and repeat at various distances of hand/lens proximity.

A music stand gives you straight lines, and as his appears to be a "pantograph" design, those angles can be changed to suit the subject. Far more interesting to have something doing its job as a frame-within-a-frame in camera than trying to do it convincingly in post.

As you note, he doesn't have to do much hard work physically, especially does he not need to carry a bloody great Gitzo all by himself. But he still has to work with his mind and instincts, and those two can make you really sweat!
Pages: [1]   Go Up