Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acratech universal L-plate article  (Read 1032 times)

Rand47

Acratech universal L-plate article
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:47:50 pm »

I was happy to see this un-sung bit of gear get featured.

What's funny is that I'm currently using my extended universal Acratech L plate on my own Fuji X-H1 w/grip attached.  But I'll go the author one better.  I use it with the clamp reversed in its track, and the "L" portion on the right side of the body facing the back of the camera!  The bane of camera design for landscape shooters is that the access door to the remote release cords are on the left side, right where the conventional L goes, blocking the door and requiring one kind of kluge or another (like the silly spacer RRS makes) to have the cable feed properly and the access door have enough clearance.  The only thing that gets blocked in my use of it the other way 'round is the card door, and with two card slots and decent cards, it ain't much of an issue.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

leuallen

Re: Acratech universal L-plate article
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:07:44 pm »

No such kludges required with my Panasonic GH3 or Oly Em1.2, the remote socket is on the right.

Larry

jeremyrh

Re: Acratech universal L-plate article
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:27:39 am »

A timely review. I was just thinking what an idiot I am filling a drawer with assorted custom brackets for cameras I no longer own. Better to have a single bracket that fits all present and future cameras!
Pages: [1]   Go Up