Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 the final beta - features now final?  (Read 5741 times)

Paul Sumi

Beta 4 the final beta - features now final?
« on: October 01, 2006, 02:28:47 pm »

Michael reports that beta 4 is the final beta before the release of 1.0 early next year.  Does this mean that the feature set is also finalized and that optimization and bug fixes are the only changes to be made before the official release?

Paul

michael

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:13:32 pm »

I would imagine not. Code optimization does not take 3-4 months.

There will likely be some additional features, some of them quite impressive. Adobe doesn't want the world to see all the beans spilled prior to launch, that's all.

Michael

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 01:41:23 pm »

Looking forward to the final Lightroom.  I have been using Capture One with my Phase Back but decided to give Lightroom 4 a try and WOW!.... the quality of my raw files in Lightroom is astounding---I am blown away by the HDR capabilities---things I can do with a couple of mouse clicks that would take multiple processing in Capture One and then and blending in Photoshop .  Huge dynamic range is all attainable in raw conversion of a single file.........also the finely tuned curves adjustments make complex curves not only possible but easy.  Everyone needs to at least give this new beta a try.   and the convert to black and white adjustment is awesome too.... Eleanor

I would imagine not. Code optimization does not take 3-4 months.

There will likely be some additional features, some of them quite impressive. Adobe doesn't want the world to see all the beans spilled prior to launch, that's all.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=78636\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro

John Hollenberg

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 03:36:53 pm »

Perhaps I missed something, but what HDR capabilities are you referring to?  PC or Mac?

--John

francois

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 03:05:23 am »

Perhaps I missed something, but what HDR capabilities are you referring to?  PC or Mac?

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I guess Eleanor is referring to Highlight Recovery (recovery slider in Develop module) - which is not HDR.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 03:07:54 am by francois »
Francois

ranjans

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 03:42:14 am »

I guess Eleanor is referring to Highlight Recovery (recovery slider in Develop module) - which is not HDR.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Reading this post even I had a look on all the tabs if I missed HDR, but could not locate one.

It would be nice feature to select 3-5 bracketed exposure & use develop module to make a one final tiff file out of it, I am sure they will work on something like this in near future.

seanmcfoto

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 08:26:33 am »

Reading this post even I had a look on all the tabs if I missed HDR, but could not locate one.

It would be nice feature to select 3-5 bracketed exposure & use develop module to make a one final tiff file out of it, I am sure they will work on something like this in near future.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81288\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
George Jardine mentioned this as possibility way back in Beta 1, but it was panned befor Beta 3 as a release candidate according to Jeff (Schewe).
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea
Pages: [1]   Go Up