Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corrupted File on Canon Prograf2000? Can't figure out what lines are?!!  (Read 1063 times)

JudyKonopka

I am unsure of why I am getting this weird stuff going on.  The source file looks fine. It's printed like this twice out of the Canon.  Any guesses?

I.T. Supplies

You may want to check your data cable or get a surge protector that has a USB or Ethernet connector in case it's the wattage issue.

I had a customer with the exact same problem on their Pro series from Thanksgiving and Canon tried to get it resolved.  The customer had a friend in the military that he spoke to after all of the attempts with Canon and said to try a surge protector with the data cable connected to it and it basically resolved the issue.  Seems like a power consumption problem that the cable is trying to work with doing directly to the printer from computer and isn't able to transfer it easily.  Weird issue since I never heard of this, but seemed to work for my customer.  Hopefully it's not a data cable issue otherwise.

Also, they did have this same exact problem where most of the image would print and had the lined section showing as well.  We were dealing with this problem for a few month until he got the suggestion recently for a surge protector with the appropriate connections.

Doug Gray

You may want to check your data cable or get a surge protector that has a USB or Ethernet connector in case it's the wattage issue.

I had a customer with the exact same problem on their Pro series from Thanksgiving and Canon tried to get it resolved.  The customer had a friend in the military that he spoke to after all of the attempts with Canon and said to try a surge protector with the data cable connected to it and it basically resolved the issue.  Seems like a power consumption problem that the cable is trying to work with doing directly to the printer from computer and isn't able to transfer it easily.  Weird issue since I never heard of this, but seemed to work for my customer.  Hopefully it's not a data cable issue otherwise.

Also, they did have this same exact problem where most of the image would print and had the lined section showing as well.  We were dealing with this problem for a few month until he got the suggestion recently for a surge protector with the appropriate connections.

This can occur from common mode currents, especially those containing high frequencies, coupling into the active wires.  Large printers do produce more of these. This is rarely an issue these days with Ethernet but more common with USB connections. Typically, error detection such as CRC prevent this.  Going through a surge protector that has feed through connections for USB and/or Ethernet helps a lot. Also, Just a good grounding wire between the printer chassis and computer can fix it.

JudyKonopka

I am unsure of why I am getting this weird stuff going on.  The source file looks fine. It's printed like this twice out of the Canon.  Any guesses?

Hi, I just want to close this by saying I spoke to Canon who suggested FLATTENING the file, which solved the problem.  Thanks to all!

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer

I got the same lines on a few on my prints and tracked the problem down to the Canon Print Studio Pro Plug in. It seems the program gets confused about custom margins. Applying the printer default profile in Print Studio Pro as a first step and them making adjustments fixed the problem for me.
Gerald J Skrocki
Pages: [1]   Go Up