Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why am i suddenly required to do 3 verifications on any reply or new post ?  (Read 2020 times)

degrub@flash.net

what gives ?

Frank

degrub@flash.net

It looks like the system has confused my account.
previous username was "degrub"
now it is degrub@ flash.net

what has happened ?

degrub@flash.net

and i am unable to logout and log in under the old profile !
Lost all messages, etc of course  >:( >:( >:(

Fix please ! :-\

degrub

ok, figured out what is going on.
My old email address and profile is still active and linked to the "degrub" profile.

Is there a way to switch and consolidate all of that to the "degrub" profile updating to my current email , the flash.net one ?
Reason being is that old one  is a dead email account.  It seems  my past  purchases are under the "flash.net" email address.

i think what needs to happen is the email address ( the alumni.rice.edu on the old profile needs to be switched to the flash.net one if possible.
And all the account/purchases, etc.

Thank you .
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:27:25 pm by degrub »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com

Please use the Help notification system. That way the two accounts you have will be blended.

degrub

Chris,

i click on the help (next to home) and all i get it a set of links to the user manual for the help system. Don't see anything relevant.
i looked at the sticky on profiles, login, etc but i cannot find any "help" button in the lower right of any page.
So how do i get to this help notification system ?

Frank

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

You must go to the home page and the help button should be on the bottom right of the window.  If you type something in the help topic and it can't be found you're given the opportunity to leave a message.  Send all relevant information regarding accounts here and our team will look into getting it fixed.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

degrub

thanks. That was not intuitively obvious. i looked all over the forum for the "help" button, but nothing was there.
message sent to open case.

It might be useful if Chris's sticky post was modified to reflect that you have to go to the website homepage rather than in the forum to gain access to the "help function".

Frank

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com

It might be useful if Chris's sticky post was modified to reflect that you have to go to the website homepage rather than in the forum to gain access to the "help function".

Good idea - thanks! Done.

Ray Harrison

This is along the lines of the original topic, but from a newbie perspective as I do not have accounts that need merging. Are newbies required to enter three forms of verification each time they wish to post? Is there a post threshold that makes this go away? Pilot error on my part?

Thanks,
Ray

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

After 2 -3 times the system will not ask you for verification.  I know that it is a bother in the beginning but it is needed to keep the pesky spammers off the site. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Ray Harrison

After 2 -3 times the system will not ask you for verification.  I know that it is a bother in the beginning but it is needed to keep the pesky spammers off the site.

That makes sense, thank you Kevin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up