Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print color  (Read 5563 times)

jrsforums

Re: Print color
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 10:20:42 pm »

Absolutely agree, Mark.  There's a lengthy post on the Qimage forum where there is some discussion about a Windows 10 update being the culprit. Apparently Microsoft are looking at a fix! Is it Win 10, will they fix it?Who knows but at least we've got a usable workaround.  Using printer managing color gives a surprisingly good result.
Thanks for you interest.

Is this the “lengthy post” you are talking about?

http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage/overall-mgenta-tint/msg22623/#msg22623
John

enduser

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 11:11:24 pm »

No, it was much earlier, not by me.

jrsforums

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 11:33:23 pm »

No, it was much earlier, not by me.

Reference it.
John

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 04:08:22 am »

Reference it.

Possibly this one:
http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/canon-imageprograf-pro-1000-redpink-tint/?action=printpage

And similar pink cast threads

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

picman

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 10:52:45 am »

I seem to vaguely remember an issue with v4 profiles that caused a magenta issue.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 10:59:38 am »

I seem to vaguely remember an issue with v4 profiles that caused a magenta issue.

I've been making and using V4 profiles for a long time and never had such issues. It's not V4 on its own.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:39 pm »

Qimage supports V2 and V4 profiles.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

enduser

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 06:49:52 pm »

Well, all along a "Profile" problem seemed likely. My printer was an early suspect, but good nozzle checks, new carts and using HP's diagnosis app, it didn't seem that printer problems were the culprit.  So I thought, what about letting the printer take care of color output?
In the various menus I set the printing to let printer manage color.  There were two options -"Let printer/driver manage color" and then the ability to choose between sRGB and AdobeRGB.
I put this in the wrong post.  It's my final summary for now.

I went for no application color management. The setup is "Let printer/driver manage color.
I chose sRGB first and there was no improvement. Not expecting a better print I then chose AdobeRGB.  An excellent print was the result of that.

In summary, printer manages color using Adobe RGB is good.  All else, using a profile done for me and multple HP profiles and printer manages color using sRGB all gave the same amount (apparently) of magenta excess.

I'm not a newby at this, I've done lots of printing on Canon and HP 24" printers using Photoshop initially in 2005, and Qimage for 9 years. I know how to print unmanaged samples for profile creation etc.

I'm currently trying an earlier Qimage on a Windows 8.1 machine to see what happens. I'll report on that.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 08:27:46 pm »

We can get good prints now by using "Printer manages  color" and using Adobe, (not rgb.) 
Not what?
Yes, you can get 'good prints' using PMC. You can get better and soft proof, and control rendering intents with a good ICC profile. Don't use crappy ICC profiles seems to be the take-home here.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

enduser

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 03:52:57 am »

Sorry for not making it clear. In my installation of Qimage and an HP printer, under printer properties/color/color management/printer manages color ... there are two possibilities, either "sRGB" or "Adobe RGB". Only AdobeRGB gives proper color.  As for crappy ICCs, they have been used hundreds of previous times.  Now they don't. This is a new problem.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 07:11:37 am »

Well, all along a "Profile" problem seemed likely. My printer was an early suspect, but good nozzle checks, new carts and using HP's diagnosis app, it didn't seem that printer problems were the culprit.  So I thought, what about letting the printer take care of color output?
In the various menus I set the printing to let printer manage color.  There were two options -"Let printer/driver manage color" and then the ability to choose between sRGB and AdobeRGB.
I put this in the wrong post.  It's my final summary for now.

I went for no application color management. The setup is "Let printer/driver manage color.
I chose sRGB first and there was no improvement. Not expecting a better print I then chose AdobeRGB.  An excellent print was the result of that.

In summary, printer manages color using Adobe RGB is good.  All else, using a profile done for me and multple HP profiles and printer manages color using sRGB all gave the same amount (apparently) of magenta excess.

I'm not a newby at this, I've done lots of printing on Canon and HP 24" printers using Photoshop initially in 2005, and Qimage for 9 years. I know how to print unmanaged samples for profile creation etc.

I'm currently trying an earlier Qimage on a Windows 8.1 machine to see what happens. I'll report on that.

I am using the latest Qimage Ultimate on Windows 7 for my Z3200 and do not have that problem. Profiles made with the Z3200 and Color Center or APS (the last showed starting up issues lately but the old profiles still work). HP OEM profiles for the HP Premium ID Satin gave no issues either.  Calibration still works fine. usually I start that up from the printer panel.
Is there an issue with the Z3200 spectrometer and by that with the calibration as you have the problem with all workflows but Printer Driver CM ?    And as I wrote before Mike says there are issues with the W10 printer drivers, more than one BTW.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up