Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hartblei 45mm f3.5 TS Superrotator vs New Version  (Read 3401 times)

wellcome86

Hartblei 45mm f3.5 TS Superrotator vs New Version
« on: March 23, 2018, 05:49:23 am »

Hello,

Does any body has some experience with the Hartblei 45mm f3.5 TS Superrotator and the New Version from Phase One / Hartblei?

Im considering buying one for my architecture photography because my 50mm from Mamiya is just a little to tight.

can some one share there experience with these lenses? thanks

nazdravanul

• Stefan Iacob - visual artist
Re: Hartblei 45mm f3.5 TS Superrotator vs New Version
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 05:04:18 pm »

No experience with the old 45 Superrotator, but I'm on my second 40mm Superrotator Hartblei Zeiss. It's based on an improved formula  (coatings optimised for digital and movements) of the legendary Zeiss Hasselblad 40mm IF.
I understand from third party sources that there is no real comparison between the two lenses - the old one was based on different, not Zeiss optics.
As far as the new 40mm all I can say it's exquisite. Amazing microcontrast and resolution (stopped down to f8), colours and drawing style that are both gentle, detailed and precise, definitely Otus level (I own the 28 and 55) + movements, - some APO.
I was forced to sell my 1st copy, always regretted it, paid new money for the 2nd one.

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:45:47 am »

I have a some experience with 45mm in Hartblei version with Kiev/Pentacon mount.
Image quality don't worth shifting more than few millimetres and for modern high pixel density sensors (used both in 6x6 film and 135 format DSLR).

andyptak

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:09:49 am »

Isn't the Phase One version about 10 years old? Is there a newer version?
Pages: [1]   Go Up