Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Favorite Mobile Photography Apps"  (Read 1833 times)

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
"Favorite Mobile Photography Apps"
« on: March 22, 2018, 02:30:24 pm »

Great article.  I think the variety of apps available for more creative post-processing is much better on the iPhone than on the Mac.  Also, usually either free or cheap on the phone, and very pricey on a Mac. 

Is it possible to move an image taken with a different camera onto the iPhone for post-processing?  I know how to get images into Photos for iPhone, but it seems you would need to get them into the phone's camera in order to process using these apps.

Telecaster

Re: "Favorite Mobile Photography Apps"
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:28:19 pm »

Any image the Photos app can access can be processed on an iPhone or iPad. Some cameras can do WiFi transfer (though typically JPEG only) while with others you'll need an iOS-specific card reader. Another method is to use Cloud storage that all your devices can see and access.

-Dave-

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: "Favorite Mobile Photography Apps"
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 05:00:10 pm »

While I found much of what is written in the article to be helpful (although personally, I can't stand Snapseed!), I think one glaring omission is Adobe Lightroom CC - a free app that allows users to create HDR-RAW images - perhaps the highest quality and most versatile file format available, especially for those using the desktop version of LR. You do not need a subscription to use this app!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up