Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting With The Masters – Charles Cramer Part 6  (Read 2771 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Shooting With The Masters – Charles Cramer Part 6
« on: March 16, 2018, 08:02:44 am »

The newest article with three videos of Shooting With The Masters – Charles Cramer Part 6 is now live on the Home Page.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
Re: Shooting With The Masters – Charles Cramer Part 6
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 12:48:34 pm »

Great news. This is a wonderful series.

ysengrain

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 04:55:11 am »

access to videos doesn't work

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:25:08 am »

We have tested this on various OS as well as browsers and it seems to play on all our systems as well as others located elsewhere.  If you are having issues it would help to make sure that you are signed into the site as a member and that you can see articles.  Try switching browsers or clearing cache.  There is a help button on the bottom right of our pages and you can send in a request.  This is a much better way to address issues as it can be directed to the right person. 

We are certainly seeing a large number of plays in our system so it must be working for many people.  While it should play well in any browser you could be using an old one, one that blocks videos or a number of other things.

If this doesn't work try downloading the video using the box with a curved arrow at the bottom of the video frame and play it after it is downloaded.

Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

andre_m

• andré muehling
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 07:59:32 am »

Thank you for sharing.

Is there a #20 video?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
andré

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 09:32:52 am »

More coming . . .
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

mbaginy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 11:59:07 am »

More interesting videos, thanks!

BTW: the videos play on my iMac, but not on my Macbook Air (both via Safari).  Haven't a clue why.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 02:39:46 pm »

BTW: the videos play on my iMac, but not on my Macbook Air (both via Safari).  Haven't a clue why.
It has become increasingly common for folks to install plugins that prevent the playing of videos (I use one...). They must be turned off to view our videos ))
FAQs here
You must also alow cookies from luminous-landscape.com

jeremyrh

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 07:12:50 am »

On my wall I haved a giant size print that I like very much EXCEPT it has an annoying flash of light near the edge that distracts me. If I could afford it, I'd reprint the image, but for now I have to live with it.

If only I had heard of Charlie's "border patrol" before I pressed the "print" button ....

Peter McLennan

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 12:53:38 pm »

I taught cinematography to a group of Millenials last week. I explicitly (and with accreditation) used the term “Border Patrol” when talking to them about composition and operating.

The Charles Cramer videos are IMHO near the pinnacle of online photographic education. More, please! 👍🏽

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 03:45:58 pm »

Delightful set of videos. Enjoyed the 'marching ants' anecdote.

Larry451

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 11:19:29 am »

shooting with the master indeed !!  I have enjoyed Charles Cramer's photoshop "style" of  subtle photoshop.  I've been a professional/artistic photographer for over 40 yrs. + a member of this site for quite a few years and this series has been by far the best "for me"  thanks to the team of Luminous Landscape.
regards
Larry.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 12:43:30 pm »

Hi,

I second it. But, there has been a lot of very good stuff here on LuLa. I particularly enjoyed Michael Reichmann's discussions with Ctein, Bill Atkinson, Ray Maxwell and all videos on workflow with Jeff Schewe.

These videos with Charlie Cramer are great, and Kevin is playing he's supporting role very well. I am deeply thankful for Chris, Kevin, Debra and team for keeping this place alive.

We may not realize how much work is behind all this.

Best regards
Erik

shooting with the master indeed !!  I have enjoyed Charles Cramer's photoshop "style" of  subtle photoshop.  I've been a professional/artistic photographer for over 40 yrs. + a member of this site for quite a few years and this series has been by far the best "for me"  thanks to the team of Luminous Landscape.
regards
Larry.
Erik Kaffehr

tsjanik

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 01:09:48 pm »

I'm really enjoying this series and finding it very relevant to my photography.  I love Charlie's images and my workflow is very similar (layers and masks).   I have already incorporated some tips into my workflow, e.g.,  I have changed my background to white in Photoshop and find judging brightness of the print more accurate.
I noticed in one of the earlier videos that Charlie's files are in PEF format; since Pentax offers the DNG option as well, I wonder Charlie, is there is a reason to prefer PEF?
Kevin, thanks for mentioning the Dakine bag.  I have been looking for a new bag and just received the 25L Mission version.  Very well made and although compact holds my 645Z kit, which is identical to Charlie's, but also includes the 28-45mm, which is the shape and weight of a brick. 
Again, great job with series.

Tom

Peter McLennan

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 02:19:17 pm »

One of the best things about these videos is Charles’ frequent use of the word “enjoy”.

After applying a complex series of adjustments to a selection, he says that these procedures will allow us to better “enjoy” that part of the image.

How delightful. Precisely the reason we do this thing called photography.

Ken Tanaka

• http://www.KenTanaka.com
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 10:26:52 am »

These videos have been fun to watch!  It’s always enjoyable to me to watch someone skilled with the basic tools craft a print from an image. Go, Charlie, go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Ken Tanaka -
 www.KenTanaka.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up