Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christophe Jacrot - Bad Weather  (Read 1610 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Christophe Jacrot - Bad Weather
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:42 am »

https://christophejacrot.com/en/

I developed a very particular relationship with “bad” weather, an almost symbiotic romance that led me to create a poetic visual world based on changes in weather conditions.

It is the dream-like aspect of climate that interests me, as well as its romantic-fictional dimension and its unpredictability—that which emanates, after all, from the implacable whims of the skies and offers us an infinite range of atmospheric moods: a typhoon in Hong Kong, torrential rain in Tokyo, a snow storm in New York, icy rain in Greenland, a cloudburst in Paris, the monsoon in India, snowscapes in Iceland, a blizzard in Normandy, in Bucharest, or Chicago…

I loved wandering through mega-cities as they grappled with weather phenomena, and capturing the harsh beauty of these “meteors” from the point of view of an observer of the fragile equilibrium of the world we live in.

Rob C

Re: Christophe Jacrot - Bad Weather
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:15 am »

Nice photography; lots of Leiter and even HC-B!

Big cities must have photography shops selling red umbrellas.

If I could afford an assistant, I'd settle for a nice sheet of greased, wet glass for him to carry around behind me. Something framed, about a metre square, would do fine.

Rob

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:32:17 am »

Didn't Michael R used to advocate weather changes as the most interesting time to get out and make photographs?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:42:06 pm »

Didn't Michael R used to advocate weather changes as the most interesting time to get out and make photographs?

I can't remember, but I can confirm: the one thing (apart from tourism) that spoils summer for me: boring blue skies.

We are drifting into that right now, with the added joy of strong wind and salt spray on the cars. And, of course, the sticky delight of piles of yellowish greenish pollen from the pines growing all over this place which, with all that pollen, is hardly surprising. Sex is literally in the air. If only I were a pine.

;-(

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 01:11:44 pm »

I can't remember, but I can confirm: the one thing (apart from tourism) that spoils summer for me: boring blue skies.

We are drifting into that right now, with the added joy of strong wind and salt spray on the cars. And, of course, the sticky delight of piles of yellowish greenish pollen from the pines growing all over this place which, with all that pollen, is hardly surprising. Sex is literally in the air. If only I were a pine.

;-(

Good opportunity for beautiful patina, which is all the rage these days. Unfortunately, humanoids don't rust quite in the same fashion...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:21:24 pm »

Pretty wonderful stuff. He took full advantage of what was out there.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up