Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glacier National Park in Late August  (Read 1086 times)

justiny

Glacier National Park in Late August
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:09:33 am »

I will lend in Spokane and spend about two days in Palouse and drive to Glacier NP with my 16 yr old son.
Two questions:

1. where should I stay? inside outside? any particular location? any advice will be appreciated.
2. For Palouse, I will bring long lenses for sure. How about Glacier? what should I bring? Probably I am going to hike and can't carry too much. GX617 w/ 105, Tachihara with 75, 150, 300 and film back and DB or Cambo actus w/ sony

Thank you in advance

MikeBarrett

Re: Glacier National Park in Late August
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:46:39 pm »

Went to Glacier 2 years ago.  Air BnB had several, stayed in Columbia Falls.  There are several lodges in the park - likely booked but you should try.

Drove Route 2 there where a couple of motels along the way - suspect one of the travel sites can find them.

West Glacier - just outside the park had a Beton Chalet hotel/restaurant that was very convenient - ate there certainly ok.

Lots of options - depends how adventuresome you want to be. 

If you are going to get "away" from the main trails and people.... BEAR SPRAY. 

I am wearing my "you have nothing to fear but fear itself........... and the bear"  T-shirt which I picked up there.

Watched a sow chase off a big male and suffice to say we are not on the top of the food chain.  WOW!

justiny

Re: Glacier National Park in Late August
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 08:38:37 am »

I checked out some AirBnB places. A tent for $70... haha. I think AirBnB is a great way to make extra income for people. I've never tried but I would this time.

I will stay on the main trails for sure, can't deal with bears. Definitely, I will get some t shirts. so funny.

Thank you for your tips. Will try to post some pics but may not do so because it's tricky to post here. never succeeded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up