Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange LR Behavior  (Read 2858 times)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Strange LR Behavior
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:22:13 pm »

I have been experiencing a problem with the last couple of updates of LR Classic CC. After editing in Photoshop, when I save the image back to LR, the preview in the Develop mode often flashes on and off repeatedly for some time and I cannot do any further editing until it settles down. Doesn't always happen, but happens a lot.

Simon Garrett

Re: Strange LR Behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 05:19:54 am »

I have been experiencing a problem with the last couple of updates of LR Classic CC. After editing in Photoshop, when I save the image back to LR, the preview in the Develop mode often flashes on and off repeatedly for some time and I cannot do any further editing until it settles down. Doesn't always happen, but happens a lot.

Are you using the graphics processor?  Edit -> Preferences -> Performance tab and is "Use graphics processor" checked?

If so, uncheck it.  If that fixes the problem, suspect the graphics card driver, and check if there's an update. 

If not: don't know!

zobelaudio

• zobeleye.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 07:17:49 am »

just discovered a similar bug when using sliders in Classic 7.2. When moving sliders, a portion of the image, like a thin stripe flashes and blurred. So I unchecked the graphiccard, and voila, gone. But then I rechecked it again and still gone...Will watch this and come back.
cheers
Stephan

David Eichler

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 03:23:46 pm »

Problem seems to happen only with files with layers.

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 10:47:14 am »

It happens to me as well when I send a file from Lightroom to Iridient X-Transformer and back.  I don't like it but at this point I have to accept the annoying behavior. 

Adobe gave us some Lr improvements in the latest release and I've come to expect a bug or two with every new release.

Maybe they'll use some of their recent record breaking quarterly profits to chase this one down and fix it or at least explain it. 
Regards,
Ron

David Eichler

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 04:31:40 pm »

It happens to me as well when I send a file from Lightroom to Iridient X-Transformer and back.  I don't like it but at this point I have to accept the annoying behavior. 

Adobe gave us some Lr improvements in the latest release and I've come to expect a bug or two with every new release.

Maybe they'll use some of their recent record breaking quarterly profits to chase this one down and fix it or at least explain it.

For me, this is completely unacceptable. The blinking on and off of the preview continues for some time and I cannot then move to other images within the Develop Module. However, this does not affect the previews in the Library Module.

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 04:40:50 pm »

I guess at this point we need to quantify how long this behavior persists.  2 seconds?  4 seconds?
Regards,
Ron

David Eichler

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 04:50:28 pm »

I guess at this point we need to quantify how long this behavior persists.  2 seconds?  4 seconds?

I don't time it, but seems like a minute or more, for any file that has layers. Never had this sort of thing with Lightroom until recently and have been using it since LR4.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 04:25:17 pm »

i’ve tested this and cannot duplicate the issue at all.

rdonson

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 05:13:49 pm »

I've tested again and it happens after you've been doing a number of edits in the Develop module.  It takes a while for Lr to get bogged down.
Regards,
Ron

David Eichler

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 07:39:46 pm »

Additional info. The problem does not happen when the layers are only pixel layers. The problem starts happening when I add adjustment layers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up