Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 new Voigtlander lenses for Sony FE  (Read 2336 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
2 new Voigtlander lenses for Sony FE
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:57:38 am »

hogloff

Re: 2 new Voigtlander lenses for Sony FE
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 09:23:11 am »

Interested in how the 21 compares to the Loxia stopped down to f8. Also looking at the Tokina 20, which is faster but heavier as well.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:50:19 am »

The somewhat longer reach of the 110/2.5 Macro compared to other macro lenses for FE is interesting to me as it gives a bit more working distance and slightly narrower background coverage but most of all, in a dedicated macro setting, having a fully mechanical focus system is preferable to a fly by wire to me.

Kirk_C

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 10:22:18 pm »

The somewhat longer reach of the 110/2.5 Macro compared to other macro lenses for FE is interesting to me as it gives a bit more working distance and slightly narrower background coverage but most of all, in a dedicated macro setting, having a fully mechanical focus system is preferable to a fly by wire to me.

I'm curious about this lens as well. The 100mm focal length is ideal in my opinion because it's still very hand hold-able while offering a nice working distance as you say.

Back in the day I had the Leica R 100mm APO Macro Elmarit and it was a wonderful lense. How it would compare today I don't know.

I also wonder how it will compare to the SONY FE 90 G OSS which is so highly reviewed by everyone that uses it.

I'm not a pixel peeping numbers guy, more interested in the color rendering and image quality visually. Undoubtedly the Voigtlander would have a look of it's own.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 08:09:16 pm »

Odds are that the 110 mm is inspired by the 125mm APO and that would be very good news.

Cheers,
Bernard

Kirk_C

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:20:46 pm »

Odds are that the 110 mm is inspired by the 125mm APO and that would be very good news.

Cheers,
Bernard

I've always wondered why there was never an updated version of the 125mm APO. When it was produced by Cosina Voigtlander (2001-2002) they didn't sell very well so it was only in production for those 2 years.

Herbc

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 10:39:48 am »

I also don't understand the 110 mm vs 125.  The 125 is an outstanding lens, even with an adapter, which has a tripod foot, also a + when using a big lens on a small camera.
Pages: [1]   Go Up