Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mastering Capture One: A Free Guide  (Read 2334 times)

Alexander Svet

• AlexOnRAW.com
Mastering Capture One: A Free Guide
« on: March 07, 2018, 03:12:19 am »

Hi everybody,

I've just finished the first part of my free guide "Mastering Capture One" - http://alexonraw.com/capture-one-free-guide-1 (that’s a pretty big post, give it a little time to load fully)

"Mastering Capture One" is a free guide to learn Capture One and a collection of more than 110 links to the best articles and videos to study each topic.
The first part – “Essential Training” will give you everything you need to begin working in Capture One without a mass of overwhelming information.
Also, there is a PDF version of the guide, but I recommend you to start with the web version.

It’s an absolutely free guide and if you wish to suggest some additional materials for the collection, please, write me a comment here.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:25:27 am by Alexander Svet »
AlexOnRAW - All about Capture One

sebbe

Re: Mastering Capture One: A Free Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 09:02:52 am »

Thanks for sharing.

Some feedback:
I like your approach to link to others.
Sharpening and Noise Reduction needs a deeper view. In my experience most don't know exactly what to do (and in which situations). And it's also quite important to know that the default noise reduction is already quite a heavy impact. At least for my Sonys it's far better to start with something like 0/90/0 than 50/50/50. It may be different from camera to camera but especially the color noise should be handled carefully. I hardly go higher than 35 here.

I'm curious about part 2 and 3.

For example I would like to see the interaction of the different noise reduction and sharpening tools in part 2:
tools to reduce noise/casts
- noise reduction (luminance, detail, color, single pixel)
- lens corrections (light, distortion, chromatic abberation)
- lens cast correction (color cast, spots, light fall off)
- moire
- spot removal
- film grain

tools to add sharpness:
- sharpening (amount, radius, threshold, halo suppression)
- lens correction (diffraction correction, sharpness)
- clarity (method, clarity, structure)
- output sharpening (amount, radius, threshold)

Alexander Svet

• AlexOnRAW.com
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:30:06 pm »

Thank you for your feedback!

You're right that Sharpening and Noise Reduction need a deeper view. I'm planning to add materials on this in the second part of the guide, maybe you could share some articles/videos which you have found useful to study this topic?
AlexOnRAW - All about Capture One

sebbe

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 04:20:02 am »

No, sorry I don't. The list of tools is out of my own experience with the program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up