Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The crooked tree  (Read 2920 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
The crooked tree
« on: March 04, 2018, 08:52:00 am »

Shot in the Dolomites in the area called Alpe di Siusi which is a high plateau with alpine meadows. This picture was shot at 1850 meters altitude.

The camera was the Nikon D810 and the Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 lens at 24mm.

http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Workshops/Dolomites-workshop-June-2018/i-TWgT2wh/A

Gennaro_27

Re: The crooked tree
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:10:19 am »

Very nice view ! Can you tell me how to go there ?
I have planned to go take a trip next weekend close to Alpe di Siusi and this place with snow could be very peculiar ! Thanks

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 10:45:25 am »

Very nice view ! Can you tell me how to go there ?
I have planned to go take a trip next weekend close to Alpe di Siusi and this place with snow could be very peculiar ! Thanks

It is easy. Just use Google Maps to find the location. Now it is full of snow as the webcams show. To get a shot like the one here you need to wait until June.

Gennaro_27

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 11:50:43 am »

I know Hans it's full snow, but I was asking where in particular the place is. It is not easy to find a specific location just looking at a picture!
Thanks

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 01:51:56 pm »

That's really beautiful, Hans.

Jeremy

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:56:04 pm »

I know Hans it's full snow, but I was asking where in particular the place is. It is not easy to find a specific location just looking at a picture!
Thanks

I did answer your question. Have you tried Google Maps? It will immediately direct you to the location.

francois

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 05:37:35 am »

Nice early morning light, perfect for this alpine landscape…

Weather forecast for next week-end seem pretty bad with snow and low clouds!
Francois

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 06:35:47 am »

I like how the shadow leads into the tree.

Gennaro_27

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 06:37:13 am »

I did answer your question. Have you tried Google Maps? It will immediately direct you to the location.

Sorry Hans ! Maybe it is my fault but I can't find it !
Can you insert the link ?

Cheers

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 10:31:25 am »

Sorry Hans ! Maybe it is my fault but I can't find it !
Can you insert the link ?

Cheers

Bring up Google Maps https://www.google.com/maps/ and then search for Alpe di Siusi

Seriously, you never used Google Maps?  :)

Gennaro_27

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 10:40:53 am »

Yes Hans I did, but different thing is to know the exact location of the picture you show us. Alpe di Siusi is a very big place !
Nevermind I will try once there.
G.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 12:34:41 pm »

Yes Hans I did, but different thing is to know the exact location of the picture you show us. Alpe di Siusi is a very big place !
Nevermind I will try once there.
G.

I'm sorry, but if you had been a little more clear in what you asked about I could have answered. I never release exact GPS coordinates for my pictures. I'm happy to say in which area they are shot and I don't think it is too much to ask from another photographer to actually go and check out the area. So go there and find it and maybe some spots I haven't even seen  :)

Gennaro_27

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 01:21:37 pm »

Hans in my second reply I ask for the precise location, more clear than that ! If you are not prone to gave more informations don't worry. Just some sentences like "go find it in google maps", "seriously you never did that ?", etc ..., weren't so well chosen, imho. My english is absolutely not good but your understanding (or the mental acuity in understanding my words) was not the better this time. I'm not telling you are wrong or that you are ignorant (in english language :)), but I wanted just to clarify the situation.
By the way, I'm open minded about sharing locations and photographic spots and this was the reason I asked you, but I know that (fortunately) not all the people are the same.

Ciao

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 01:23:34 pm »

Did you try googling for "Hans Kruse's Crooked Tree?"    :D
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Gennaro_27

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 01:27:37 pm »

Ahahahahahah ! Not really !  ;D

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 06:43:48 am »

Hans in my second reply I ask for the precise location, more clear than that ! If you are not prone to gave more informations don't worry. Just some sentences like "go find it in google maps", "seriously you never did that ?", etc ..., weren't so well chosen, imho. My english is absolutely not good but your understanding (or the mental acuity in understanding my words) was not the better this time. I'm not telling you are wrong or that you are ignorant (in english language :)), but I wanted just to clarify the situation.
By the way, I'm open minded about sharing locations and photographic spots and this was the reason I asked you, but I know that (fortunately) not all the people are the same.

Ciao

When you ask a question I think it is up to you to express what the question is and if not understood, then I would expect you to precisely say what the question really is. You had this chance. Coming back and complaining to me for the understanding your imprecise question is not quite ok, I'm sorry. If your question was: Hans, can you please give the GPS coordinates of where you shot the crooked tree picture, then I would have had no doubt what your question was.

I often get these kinds of questions and I never give the exact location. I also think it is silly to go and replicate somebody elses picture. As I said, I would encourage you to go to Alpe di Siusi and really go through the area and I'm sure you will find the crooked tree. It's not that hard. By looking at different pictures where the crooked tree is there you could more or less triangulate where it should be. There is a stream and there are mountains.

So rather the complain spend some effort and you could even be rewarded by a very nice day or couple of days in this area. On my workshops I never instruct the participants to shoot exactly this, compose this. I will encourage the participants to look around and picture for themselves what is worth shooting in the way they see it, not the way I see it. If somebody asks how I would compose a given picture I will show it. But the way to grow is to see for yourself and review what you got. I hope you understand my points and I have no problem if you disagree, but don't complain to me about it  :)

Christos Andronis

• Christos Andronis Photography
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 11:30:38 am »

Great composition Hans. The light is stunning!

maluce55

• www.nikonphotographers.it/mauroluigicecchi
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 05:28:46 pm »

Thanks you for this good shot !

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 06:36:11 pm »

:) ;) 8) :-*
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com