Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Titles of proof copies  (Read 915 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Titles of proof copies
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:05:47 am »

When I create a virtual copy for softproofing, LR creates a new title that is very informative. For example:

BC_Lyve_7900_mk_wcrw, perceptual

I understand what all of this means except the "wcrw" part. Can anyone explain? Thanks.

JeanMichel

Re: Titles of proof copies
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:19:41 am »

Hi,

If you check the full name of your profile it is most likely to be: BC_Lyve_7900_mk_wcrw

The LR naming of the visual copy is really, really useful.

Jim Metzger

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:29:07 am »

I believe that refers to "water color radiant white" which is the nearest  Epson profile.

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:30:29 pm »

Jim is correct that this referrers to Epson's Water Color Radiant White and this is the media type you should select at your printer or in the print dialog box.  This is not the profile you should select to print as you should use the BC_Lyve. 

Here is a link to their instructions for Epson and Canon printers and the proper selection of media.  https://www.breathingcolor.com/icc-profile-instruction

I like how BC names their profiles as all the data is there.  What kind of black and the media setting.  some manufactures I have to look up on the media type on a printout of a sheet from them that I keep in and profiles folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up