Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SilverFast iSRD issues  (Read 1524 times)

saiguy

SilverFast iSRD issues
« on: February 24, 2018, 04:45:49 pm »

On Mac using current SF8.

For the first time I am seeing what must be an iSRD offset issue. Can't find any info in Mark's book speaking about that.

In Preferences Special there is a slider for the offset. Any advise on how to use it?

Another obversion is that maybe SF has incorporated SRDx tech into the iSRD tool. In Kodachrome and Ektachrome slides I see it. Thought the IR function detected what wasn't film. I can see where KD film having an etched like emulation might trick the IR. But I see it on EK slides also. It seems to detect dark edges and can damage them used at Auto setting. Have to back off from auto 16 to 9 or 8 to protect them often.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: SilverFast iSRD issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:13:39 pm »

On Mac using current SF8.

For the first time I am seeing what must be an iSRD offset issue.

You wouldn't because that setting in Preferences didn't exist at the times the book and the first update were released. Usually, LSI has been releasing compact information PDFs to explain changed or added features but I have not seen one yet on this particular item.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

saiguy

Re: SilverFast iSRD issues
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:25:26 pm »

Found the controls. The setting in Preferences dosen't seem to do anything.

In the iSRD expert dialog there is a check box for Use Manual Offset. There are sliders for Horizontal and Vertical. Set at zero each. When I checked the box the horizontal slider moved to 1 and it became aligned.

It seemed to be a large offset and at 45 degrees. It was only on one slide and I have been processing hundreds lately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up