Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr - ROKU  (Read 1894 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Lr - ROKU
« on: January 31, 2018, 09:44:27 pm »

We are very late to the big TV - home movie scene. Recently, however, we inherited a pretty good 42" TV and we purchased a ROKU streaming device for it. I see that there are a number of slideshow applications that can be used with the ROKU but none that dovetail very well with Lr, which is my main post processing application - though I don't actually use the slideshow module often.

Does anyone know of any Adobe plans or third party offerings that would allow one to export a Lr slideshow to a ROKU for viewing?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Lr - ROKU
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:06:41 pm »

I don't have a Roku but have been idly looking at specs for streaming devices for a while.  For the Roku there seem to be 2 possibilities.  If you have the version with a USB port you could burn the mp4 onto a USB stick or drive, connect to the Roku and run it from there.  If you don't have the version with the USB port then you have to get the video file through your network, ie set up a media drive that is available from your computer to the TV through the Roku.

One final option is to burn the file to a DVD and play it on your DVD player (if you have one).  No streaming device needed.

I think this is correct, but if anyone has a Roku that could chip in I'd be interested as well (in the long term)...

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:20:57 pm »

I don't have a ROKU, but burning slide shows to a USB memory stick works fine on my TV, which does have USB ports.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

MBehrens

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 02:29:38 pm »

I don't have Roku either, but an associate said they used the Flickr Channel and service to do shows on their TV with good success.

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 04:20:51 pm »

Thanks for your responses. The TV I have does not have a USB port that I can use. I've pretty much ruled out any Lr developed option and there does not seem to be any good third party solution.

I have managed to get the ROKU Media Player working and you can use this to stream folders of photos from any computer set up as a media player. This works reasonably well. It took a bit of work to get everything working right. I'll post more information on this when I get a chance.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up