Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon's next mirrorless system: speculation from Thom Hogan and others  (Read 10147 times)

DP

Re: Nikon's next mirrorless system: speculation from Thom Hogan and others
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2018, 09:48:03 am »

You posted the same comment in a different topic and I disagree.

you disagree there as well, we are always even then

DP

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2018, 09:51:55 am »

Their offerings on APS-C bodies are class competitive and while they lack some lenses compared to Fuji

competing in a segment means making a variety of lines of bodies for a segment and lenses for the format ... Sony does not ... simply compare their releases of bodies and lenses : FF dSLM vs APS-C dSLM - that is your answer

they are competitive compared to Nikon.

;D ... and Ricoh ... and Samsung... oh, Samsung left the market ?

armand

• Photos
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 11:18:14 am »

I would say competing means you are as good or better than your oponents.

On the Samsung topic I find it amazing that their latest flagship is still competitive several years later, not sure why nobody bought the technology.

BJL

Nikon's next mirrorless system ... now "comparing APS-C format systems"
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2018, 07:15:18 pm »

Their [Sony's] offerings on APS-C bodies are class competitive and while they lack some lenses compared to Fuji they are competitive compared to Nikon.
It might be that Sony, Canon and Nikon (and maybe also Pentax?) have comparable offerings in APS-C format, but only in the somewhat negative sense that they have now confined their efforts for that format to a lower part of the price-quality spectrum. Meanwhile, Fujifilm, Olympus and Panasonic are all-in on also offering high quality options in their chosen "sub-35mm film format" systems.

What is that old saying about "committed" versus "involved"?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2018, 05:06:57 pm »

One thing is sure, following heightened expectations regarding the release of a new Nikon mirrorless system at CP+, today we are left with nothing.

The DSLR line up of Nikon remains excellent, especially on the high end side, but their immobility on the mirrorless front is nothing but staggering.

Cheers,
Bernard

hogloff

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2018, 07:57:12 pm »

One thing is sure, following heightened expectations regarding the release of a new Nikon mirrorless system at CP+, today we are left with nothing.

The DSLR line up of Nikon remains excellent, especially on the high end side, but their immobility on the mirrorless front is nothing but staggering.

Cheers,
Bernard

Bernard, this is something I must totally agree with you. Leaves me wondering how Nikon could miss such an opportunity to at least show a mocked up model of their mirrorless plans.

Peter_DL

Re: Nikon's next mirrorless system ... now "comparing APS-C format systems"
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2018, 02:39:46 pm »

It might be that Sony, Canon and Nikon (and maybe also Pentax?) have comparable offerings in APS-C format, but only in the somewhat negative sense that they have now confined their efforts for that format to a lower part of the price-quality spectrum. Meanwhile, Fujifilm, Olympus and Panasonic are all-in on also offering high quality options in their chosen "sub-35mm film format" systems.

Maybe I'm the only one around here, however, I am quite happy Nikon APS-C
i.e. with the D7200 + the 2.8-4.0/16-80 and the 4.0/70-200 as my main lenses.

I also have the X100F which I bought to test the waters with Fujifilm,
but in summary I won't change over to Fujifilm completely. There are some aspects related to the controls / menus where I prefer the Nikon logic, also I am not really convinced by the X-Trans sensor, and furthermore I prefer the OVF most of the time. The X-T2 / X-Pro2 have no built-in flash, and in particular there is no 2.8-4.0/16-ca.80 stabilized lens.

I can wait and see what Nikon and Fujifilm will do over the next couple of years.
Olympus and Panasonic are m4/3 and I simply prefer 3:2.

Peter

-

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2018, 04:52:20 pm »

As it seems Nikon does not have it all together- does not bother me at all since the d850 can make photos silent.

If they come out at anytime with a mirrorless as good as the d850 i would enjoy that- in the mean time they may remain dslr.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:30:45 pm by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

armand

• Photos
Re: Nikon's next mirrorless system ... now "comparing APS-C format systems"
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2018, 06:10:48 pm »

Maybe I'm the only one around here, however, I am quite happy Nikon APS-C
i.e. with the D7200 + the 2.8-4.0/16-80 and the 4.0/70-200 as my main lenses.

I also have the X100F which I bought to test the waters with Fujifilm,
but in summary I won't change over to Fujifilm completely. There are some aspects related to the controls / menus where I prefer the Nikon logic, also I am not really convinced by the X-Trans sensor, and furthermore I prefer the OVF most of the time. The X-T2 / X-Pro2 have no built-in flash, and in particular there is no 2.8-4.0/16-ca.80 stabilized lens.

I can wait and see what Nikon and Fujifilm will do over the next couple of years.
Olympus and Panasonic are m4/3 and I simply prefer 3:2.

Peter

-

I miss my days with the D50 then D90 and the 16-85. Fuji is missing in action a similar lens (the 18-135 doesn't qualify).
Realistically speaking your kit is very good. The problem starts when you are looking for other lenses besides those 2. Outside of the DX 1.8/35 I don't recall too many lenses that are DX specific (maybe a couple of macros).

BJL

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2018, 04:28:54 pm »

In slight defence of Nikon, Thom Hogan’s rumor is for a May announcement. Maybe the big “debut” is planned for Photokina.

BJL

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2018, 04:39:29 pm »

@Peter_DL,
I agree that for many of us, a two-zoom kit covers most needs, so having a standard zoom for the smaller format that reaches 70mm or so allows covering the rest of the telephoto range with lenses for the larger format. But there are photographers who want more lens options at the shorter focal lengths.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up